Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Washington Capitals 4-0

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Penguins superstars alone gave them more of a chance than the Capitals. Ovechkin was a complete shell of himself this series, Crosby would've struck more fear in any NYR fans/players heart easily.

That would’ve been counterbalanced by Letang turning the puck over 10 times per game, no matter how well Crosby was playing. They missed the playoffs because they couldn’t keep the puck out of their net.

The Rangers would’ve simply filled the net each night. Doesn’t matter anyway, they’ve been on the golf course for a week.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
735a7f0c63d7238b0fe670b2a7a4d456.gif

Rangers cleaned up with a sweep!

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That would’ve been counterbalanced by Letang turning the puck over 10 times per game, no matter how well Crosby was playing. They missed the playoffs because they couldn’t keep the puck out of their net.

The Rangers would’ve simply filled the net each night. Doesn’t matter anyway, they’ve been on the golf course for a week.

The Penguins defense still would've been better than what the Caps iced these 4 games, granted the Capitals got utterly mangled by injuries to high hell.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It wasn’t a dominant series by the Rangers mostly because it didn’t need to be. The Caps never really forced them to expend any extra energy, so the Rangers only expended just enough to win each game. I honestly think it was on purpose. Their focus was definitely on the game in front of them, but the strategy was with an eye to the next round.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Caps played hard. Injury issues didn't help them. But they're not a very good offensive team right now and that hurt them too. They played a good structured defensive game for the most part...maybe not as much tonight as in the first three. By that I mean tonight was a really scrambly game. The Caps before tonight did a very good job supporting each other and even tonight weren't that bad. Rangers killed them on special teams throughout the series---power play goals, penalty kills and shorthanded goals. Igor was really good.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
You just can't enjoy anything...always negative.its tiring man
Yep

Idk. I think we win but that's the one team I didn't want. While Ovi put in no effort, Crosby still scares me.
It would take more than Crosby to beat this NYR team. There really isn't a team in the Metro that scares me honestly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad