Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Washington Capitals 4-0

spfan

May 4, 2009
So many salty Wings and Pens fans who can’t get over the fact that their teams choked in March/April when at least one of them would’ve made it in playing .500 hockey in the final 20 games of the seasom.

The Caps sending these overrated teams home made the season a success. Never stood a chance against the Rangers, and the other pretenders would’ve gotten dummied too.
CBJ swept TBL. They had a chance. Certainly not a team I'd bet on, but wasn't impossible.

Caps would've been better served missing the playoffs for their future. Now they lost out on a high pick only to lose every playoff game. That's not something to be happy about as a Caps fan lol.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Washington needs to get Ovechkin to the record as soon as possible so they can start the ne

Washington needs to get Ovechkin to the record as soon as possible so they can start the next phase of the franchise.
Lindgren carried them to playoffs down the stretch. Good start to the next phase

Good riddance to Ovechkin. He'll NEVER compare to Gretzky no matter how many goals he scores

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Wings fan here.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
Lindgren carried them to playoffs down the stretch. Good start to the next phase

Good riddance to Ovechkin. He'll NEVER compare to Gretzky no matter how many goals he scores
In fairness to everyone else that's ever played the game, nobody will ever be Gretzky. Jagr who is number 2 in points all time is still 936 away from him and if Gretzky never scored he would still be number 1.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
In fairness to everyone else that's ever played the game, nobody will ever be Gretzky. Jagr who is number 2 in points all time is still 936 away from him and if Gretzky never scored he would still be number 1.
It goes beyond scoring for me. It's about being a team player, doing what it takes to win. Being an ambassador of the game, conducting yourself with class, etc.

Ovechkin is not in that realm as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Well 🧢 fans, how does it feel being destroyed?

As I alluded to when you guys got gifted a win to take the playoff spot over the wings, it would be a sweep and it was.

Caps are too old and slow.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad