Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
In a tricky spot with my Champions Evo choice. I can go with Evo Hedman or Evo Ovie. I don’t really need a LHD (need a RHD), and already have Evo Laine, Stone and Eichel.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
It's crazy how much TOTY goes for compared to Evo. I get the synergies, but you're likely close or have maxed out team synergies anyways. It would make them a lot more valuable if EA released extra team synergies earlier in the year so it was actually difficult to obtain all five.

For example, a TOTY Bergeron is going for 700k minimum. I just saw an Evo Bergeron at 300k.

Well my Ultimate Pack was the ****s, quick sold the entire thing.

My Ultimate Packs have all been full quick sell it's brutal.

Reactions: Jets88

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Evo Ovechkin is an absolute animal. In 9GP he has 11G and 15 points. He doesn't come in and fire off a good wrist shot most times, they're all either one-timers or him going to the net. Super hard to knock off the puck, too.

I also recommend Evo Hall (26g 42pts in 40gp, extremely fast and can straight up snipe), TDL Bourque (33pts in 41gp, +28, amazing defender and great offensively), and legend Chris Pronger (.5pt/gp, +123, I have better players but Pronger is so solid he just stays in).

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Evo Ovechkin is an absolute animal. In 9GP he has 11G and 15 points. He doesn't come in and fire off a good wrist shot most times, they're all either one-timers or him going to the net. Super hard to knock off the puck, too.

I also recommend Evo Hall (26g 42pts in 40gp, extremely fast and can straight up snipe), TDL Bourque (33pts in 41gp, +28, amazing defender and great offensively), and legend Chris Pronger (.5pt/gp, +123, I have better players but Pronger is so solid he just stays in).

Ovechkin is going to be my next purchase, though was going to go after the milestone 98ovr, literally a 99ovr card with a couple knocks on defensive play. Echo the Hall Card, can snipe and is fast but hasn’t been dominant for me but still one of my best players. Definitely going to go after the bourque card, the one thing I have yet to find in this game for team is a dominant Dman.

My best scorer and most consistent card is my Ice Kuch, a ppg through 250 games for me, plays second line minutes now, but still scores at a ppg

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ovechkin is going to be my next purchase, though was going to go after the milestone 98ovr, literally a 99ovr card with a couple knocks on defensive play. Echo the Hall Card, can snipe and is fast but hasn’t been dominant for me but still one of my best players. Definitely going to go after the bourque card, the one thing I have yet to find in this game for team is a dominant Dman.

My best scorer and most consistent card is my Ice Kuch, a ppg through 250 games for me, plays second line minutes now, but still scores at a ppg

Yeah, the 98 MS is smart. I think the only things he's not 99 in is shot blocking, poise (98) and fighting skill. And face-offs, obviously.

I'm at the point where I'm just upgrading my current team as I like my build. I upgraded my Ice Karlsson to Evo earlier this week, next up will be a a TOTY/Evo Doughty for the Ice one. Then I'll maybe look into adding one or two 99 C's and I think I'm good to go.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Yeah, the 98 MS is smart. I think the only things he's not 99 in is shot blocking, poise (98) and fighting skill. And face-offs, obviously.

I'm at the point where I'm just upgrading my current team as I like my build. I upgraded my Ice Karlsson to Evo earlier this week, next up will be a a TOTY/Evo Doughty for the Ice one. Then I'll maybe look into adding one or two 99 C's and I think I'm good to go.

Having solid centres is a must for me. By far the most important position in this game imo.
Rolling with Tavares/Bergeron/Getzlaf in my top 9 personally, and I used them in NHL 17 and 16 also, very happy with em.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Having solid centres is a must for me. By far the most important position in this game imo.
Rolling with Tavares/Bergeron/Getzlaf in my top 9 personally, and I used them in NHL 17 and 16 also, very happy with em.

Finished outside of the top 500 in CS. Pretty disappointed, I was hoping an Evo Bergeron or Getzlaf would be in there.

Finished top 500 in TOTY CS, though, so I’m hoping for a decent pull in 3 days when we finally get our packs. Lol.

Bluesgirl

Apr 2, 2013
Will EVO Rakell get an upgrade? Also why are the prices so different? Yesterday I could see Rakell going from like 22K up to like 150K. So I bought the one for 22K and wanted to flip him for 33K, so far nobody bought him :D Was this a dumb move from me or I might actually earn something our of it?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Will EVO Rakell get an upgrade? Also why are the prices so different? Yesterday I could see Rakell going from like 22K up to like 150K. So I bought the one for 22K and wanted to flip him for 33K, so far nobody bought him :D Was this a dumb move from me or I might actually earn something our of it?

I tried this with the Horvat, even at 5 ovr rating increase he went for about 3K more, anything below a 95-96 ovr will be going for under 30K after the next week or 2, way to many high cards on the market, most people complain about this but I like it, puts everyone on a even playing field without having to spend money to compete

Bluesgirl

Apr 2, 2013
I tried this with the Horvat, even at 5 ovr rating increase he went for about 3K more, anything below a 95-96 ovr will be going for under 30K after the next week or 2, way to many high cards on the market, most people complain about this but I like it, puts everyone on a even playing field without having to spend money to compete

yes I like it too, I hope it's gonna even up, because it's pretty unfair to people with 92 overall cards to compete against someone with all 99s :D

I know that lots of those people put a lot of time and "work" into it, but not everyone can do it and for me it takes the fun out of it if I start a game and the guy is like 5x faster than me

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Your best hope is for Rakell to get playoff upgrades if the Ducks make it. He’s for sure not getting any TOTY.

Another bad Ultimate Pack from Champions. All base Gold cards and one Legend card. At this point I look at HUT Champions as 25k quicksell and a chance at an Evo pack.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Wasn't supposed to, but I opened one final tri-choice pack before YGTOTY and I struck gold, TOTY Heiskanen and TOTY Bergeron in the third round. I even passed on the new Marchessault card. Great third round, love those packs.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Your best hope is for Rakell to get playoff upgrades if the Ducks make it. He’s for sure not getting any TOTY.

Another bad Ultimate Pack from Champions. All base Gold cards and one Legend card. At this point I look at HUT Champions as 25k quicksell and a chance at an Evo pack.

Ya the ultimate packs have been trash, my evo pack wasn’t insane either, only one higher then 94Ovr was a doughty, which was 99 but I don’t need anymore RD, so I might sell it, was hoping for a good center or winger. Only player that had a legit shot at going up with today’s toty was either krug or radulov, assuming it’s the offensive toty that comes out today.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ya the ultimate packs have been trash, my evo pack wasn’t insane either, only one higher then 94Ovr was a doughty, which was 99 but I don’t need anymore RD, so I might sell it, was hoping for a good center or winger. Only player that had a legit shot at going up with today’s toty was either krug or radulov, assuming it’s the offensive toty that comes out today.

It’s the young guns TOTY today.

If Eichel makes it and anyone here on Xbox wants to make an Evo for Evo trade, I’m down. Great card but not really my playing style.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
So I just got TOTY Barzal, Laine, and Provorov in a tri-choice pack. Mother of pack luck. I already knew those packs were by far the best option for getting the best value, but ***k.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So I just got TOTY Barzal, Laine, and Provorov in a tri-choice pack. Mother of pack luck. I already knew those packs were by far the best option for getting the best value, but ***k.

I'm convinced you're somebody who works for EA here to promote spending money on packs

Reactions: Jets88

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I'm convinced you're somebody who works for EA here to promote spending money on packs

Packs are usually trash, but this morning I opened an extreme TOTY pack, pulled 2 Gold basic collectibles, and 2 Gold TOTy collectibles, those go for like 80K each on the market, and I’ve never pulled anything decent from a pack that I didn’t get from a CS

BUT I DO NOT CONDONE PURCHASING PACKS IN ANY WAY, they are usually a complete waste of money and a pull by ea to get you to blow hundreds

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Anyone have the orlando solar bears away jerseys on xbox one? Make me an offer and ill most likely accept it

NyIsles91

Feb 24, 2017
How exactly do evolution cards work?

Is it whenever they create one that evo card becomes a clone to the best card that comes out for that player? Aka if you got a 94 Tavares evo card and they come out with that evo in the offensive packs as a 99 card, it becomes a 99?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
How exactly do evolution cards work?

Is it whenever they create one that evo card becomes a clone to the best card that comes out for that player? Aka if you got a 94 Tavares evo card and they come out with that evo in the offensive packs as a 99 card, it becomes a 99?

Yes. The Evo cards stick with the highest rated cards.
That why we see so man 98 cards now. Only evo and toty will reach 99.

Bluesgirl

Apr 2, 2013
Can someone explain me this? I just played online season game because there was no CS round at that time and I wanted to try out my 98 Marchand from Stars of the Month pack. I played against a guy that's ranked 11. I am in Div 1 now but haven't managed to get a win so far at all.

So ,he pretty much dominated, even though I managed to score 3 goals somehow but he won 6-3 but I barely even got out of my zone :D His TOA was like 10 minutes compared to mine like 1 minute maybe.

After the game I checked his team and to my surprise his highest card was 94 Hossa. He even had multiple 88s and 89 cards and lots of 92s Ice cards.

Those lower cards were TOTY so I get he had lots of synergies but I now have 3 team synergies and 2 individual so in terms of speed and acceleration my team is maxed out. So how the hell was he twice as fast as me then? Like seriously I could barely get to the puck, he was everywhere, even on a breakaway his D managed to get behind me and pokecheck it away from me. In theory my guys should be at least faster or be at the same speed but they weren't. Am I missing something here?

This game is seriously driving me nuts.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
What people don’t understand, including myself haha, is that if you have a lot of the individual synergies, and all the team synergies, which is simple if you have like 2-3 TOTY players, those 94-96 OVR cards are virtually 99ovrs, I picked up an ovechkin 94Ovr today for like 60K, but because I have all my team synergies he’s essentially identical to the 98ovr card, maybe minus 1 speed. Which will do just fine for my second line

Bluesgirl

Apr 2, 2013
What people don’t understand, including myself haha, is that if you have a lot of the individual synergies, and all the team synergies, which is simple if you have like 2-3 TOTY players, those 94-96 OVR cards are virtually 99ovrs, I picked up an ovechkin 94Ovr today for like 60K, but because I have all my team synergies he’s essentially identical to the 98ovr card, maybe minus 1 speed. Which will do just fine for my second line

I understand that but if I'm not mistaken (and I can easily be, just let me know if I am wrong), in terms of speed and accelleration you have only RS, S and TN synergies right?

And I do have all those three active so my speed should be maxed out as well and I was much slower than him. I am thinking endurance can have something to do with this and I do not have so far LL active but can it seriously be that much of a difference?

I think I will try to do something similar, add some lower rated TOTY cards which I can actually afford with my budget and see for myself but I am pretty sure I will get destroyed anyway again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad