NHL: Around the League 52

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Back in the day there were only a couple of divers in the league and everyone knew who they were (Bill Barber was infamous). And now, we have a few on every team it seems. We certainly don't need hockey to become like soccer.

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

So not celebrating is disrespectful now? Shut the f*** up Voracek.

What the last few months has taught me is that apparently everything is disrespectful to at least someone in the hockey world.

I'm very much part of the 'so long as you don't pantomime a sexual act or give the middle finger to an opponent, then celebrate your goals however much or little you like' crowd.

All the hockey minds in the world can't be bothered to nail down what the hell goalie interference, but god forbid somebody celebrates a goal improperly, everything goes on hold until we figure out where the line for 'appropriate' is.

Softest league in the world sometimes, I swear.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm very much part of the 'so long as you don't pantomime a sexual act or give the middle finger to an opponent, then celebrate your goals however much or little you like' crowd.

All the hockey minds in the world can't be bothered to nail down what the hell goalie interference, but god forbid somebody celebrates a goal improperly, everything goes on hold until we figure out where the line for 'appropriate' is.

Softest league in the world sometimes, I swear.
Hockey players pay Voracek no mind whatsoever. This is just a nonsensical statement from an assclown trying to stay relevant. Nobody gives a f*** about his opinion.

Reactions: Giovi

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Voracek is just really sensitive. There's nothing wrong with that as a person but if it's a character defect being a public personality probably isn't the career for you.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hockey players pay Voracek no mind whatsoever. This is just a nonsensical statement from an assclown trying to stay relevant. Nobody gives a f*** about his opinion.

I wasn't speaking solely about Voracek.

For example, earlier this season people (fans, media, etc) were legit arguing about the 'appropriate' way to score an empty net goal.

In a sport that prides itself on being tough, everybody has fragile egos.

Last edited:

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Well three game six with the home team must win to force a game seven, let's see who got what it takes.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Dallas/Colorado and Carolina/NYR both have the stink of 7 game series.

I think Florida ends Boston next game. That said, it would be delicious if Boston came back and won from 3-1 down to Florida the year after Florida did it to them.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8594.jpeg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Martinook just made a miraculous play to save a goal going in that was on the goal line+.
And the only reason he was able to save it was because he blew an edge and was sliding into the net because of it... gotta love the random wildness of hockey. He doesn't blow an edge, that's a goal lol.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
A guy who never really noticed is a Chatfield. I really like his game

Martinook just made a miraculous play to save a goal going in that was on the goal line+.
One of the crazier plays you’ll see. Definitely some puck luck involved but that’s the play of the series so far.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Back in the day there were only a couple of divers in the league and everyone knew who they were (Bill Barber was infamous). And now, we have a few on every team it seems. We certainly don't need hockey to become like soccer.

It's the top players often doing it, more so if the team has a good power play. And if the chips are down they do it even more.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Carolina looked like they were heading for a game seven and completely are choking the game away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad