NHL.com: NHL to live stream games on Twitter

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-games-to-stream-live-on-twitter/c-281227666

SAN FRANCISCO -- Twitter today announced it will live stream weekly out-of-market games from Major League Baseball (MLB) and the National Hockey League (NHL®). 120 Sports, the OTT network, will also produce an exclusive, nightly multi-sports highlights show called 'The Rally', the first show of its kind to be streamed live on Twitter. The MLB, NHL, and 120 Sports streaming rights come through Twitter's new partnership with MLBAM.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hopefully it works better than the NHL streaming service did when they released it mid-season.

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
its just 1 randomly picked game a week they are doing..

plus msg has been trying to get the nhl to let them havethe isles/rags/devs on the msg go app, but still wont let them do it

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Awesome! Really excited about this. I can't wait for the day where I can stream all NFL and NHL games online so I can get rid of cable. Im pretty sure thats the only reason I still have it.

im moving to a new place soon and literally only getting cable to get hockey and football games. Everything else i can get through Xbox apps and the internet

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

plus msg has been trying to get the nhl to let them havethe isles/rags/devs on the msg go app, but still wont let them do it

That's lame. You'd think the NHL would want fans to have greater access to the game.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
isnt the local stuff blacked out though?

Yup. Local stuff and nationally televised games. I can't watch any kings, ducks, or sharks home games or Isles when national. Might be Vancouver too. Have to wait like 2 days unless that has changed. Totally lame.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York

Considering there are now 12 teams with RSNs(Fox Sports) that have agreements to stream games, I wouldn't be so sure it's the NHL that's roadblocking streaming on MSG Go. Although, with the NHL who knows what is going on. I hope that the Fox deal shows that we can get most teams streaming in-market sooner rather than later.

I think the NHL wants to have as many streaming platforms as possible. The reason they gave their digital rights to MLBAM was for better internet content and streaming deals such as this twitter one. I'm hoping the twitter deal works out enough to where we can see more than just one game per week in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad