Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sucks all around. No idea what the substance was, whether it was PEDs or something else. Yeah, he kinda screwed them over again but I still hope he keeps getting help if he needs it on a human level.

It's all very vague. Six months starting now? Meaning he could be eligible to play again in November-ish?
Honestly it doesn't sound like he's interested in the help.

mack74

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2023
Kamloops, BC
A few of the other HF boards are saying their teams should take a chance on Nuke if the Avs terminate his contract. If I see him playing well on another team next season I might explode

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Wtf are you serious with this shit? I'm sorry but this should mark the end of his tenure with the Avs. f*** man. Love the player but availability is his biggest asset to the team. Hope Nuke, the person, gets the help he needs.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A few of the other HF boards are saying their teams should take a chance on Nuke if the Avs terminate his contract. If I see him playing well on another team next season I might explode
Well if his history is any indication, he'll sign with a new team then get busted again

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Terminate his contract. I hope he gets the help he needs, but I hope he never plays another game in an Avs’ jersey.

mack74

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2023
Kamloops, BC
Well if his history is any indication, he'll sign with a new team then get busted again
Yeah that’s the most likely outcome for sure, I have a feeling Murphy’s Law would come over to slap in us in the face though and he’d be fine for the rest of his career somehow lol. But yes this has to be the end of his tenure here, 3 strikes you’re out

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I don't know what's going on with Val personally. Maybe never will. Hope he deals with it whatever it is. Whether he's ever going to play hockey in the NHL again seems in doubt.

From the Avs perspective it's obviously devastating, and probably going to spell the end of their playoff run (though they did once win a Stanley Cup without Peter Forsberg). If Val is suspended without pay I assume that means his salary is coming off the books for at least the beginning of next season, and at least until he is "reinstated".... it's hard to imagine what reinstatement means at this point.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
2 years straight this guy has disappeared in the playoffs because he can't handle his business. Can't be trusted. Scramble the lawyers, cut him and move on.

I don't care if another team picks him up for a bag of pucks.

Reactions: The Moops

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Unbelievable sleepless in seattle did it again !? Once again in the playoff ? f*** off !!
I have zero sympathie for him :mad:

Didnt they chose to get him under contract insted of Kadri ? Someone will have to be accountable for this mistake .

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I bet his contract gets terminated and no one will sign him, and back to KHL he goes., sadly. What a waste of a talent.

$6.125m freed up for Reinhart or Guentzel this summer I guess

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Wonder how the rules work with the players assistance program. Can they actually terminate his contract? Was this voluntary or forced?

Good bet if it was forced, the guy goes back to the KHL and lives the party life there and gets paid still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad