Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So a team takes takes a chance on you, helps turn you into an elite two-way forward, rewards you with a max-term deal and this is how you repay them. Not once, but TWICE. If not even more times that we haven't even heard about. Time to terminate the contract and say good f***ing riddance. 💔

^^

The Avs have done everything possible to shelter him and hide his antics, so perhaps the organization is also to blame here.

Dude is an absolute mess.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
2 years straight this guy has disappeared in the playoffs because he can't handle his business. Can't be trusted. Scramble the lawyers, cut him and move on.

I don't care if another team picks him up for a bag of pucks.
That's the solution , but it's easier said than done . I dont recal any team who were able to void a contract.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
^^

The Avs have done everything possible to shelter him and hide his antics, so perhaps the organization is also to blame here.

Yup... you can't let him skirt responsibility over and over and over and expect it to end well.

It is time to move on from Nuke. Terminate, fight the NHLPA, accept the 2m cap hit (likely for 5 years) and 10m payment to never rely on him for a playoff run again.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
^^

The small grace I will give the Avs is if he actually has been legitimately remorseful and wanting help, but has been failing and failing back to addictions /bad influences.

We may never know what fully has gone on. But I have to imagine if it was purely an ego driven ass of an athlete who was on drugs and liked to party, they would have aired everything and gotten away from him.

But if they were just standing by and hiding things because of his play/impact…

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Not to worry, he'll get picked up by the Las Vegas Raiders, er, um, I mean the Golden Showers. There's always a shit franchise, and in this case two of them in one town, started by the Mafia.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I try to never be the overreactive type and hopefully that’s what’s happening to me here, but I feel like this day marks the end of so much for this Avs group.

They’ll be good. They’ll make some damage here and there and maybe even go on another decent run at some point. But Kadri, Landy and now Nuke? They aren’t really replaceable guys unfortunately.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Can't even be selfish about this as a fan. Just hope he gets things sorted.

Those demons are stubborn and never completely go away.

Is it wrong of me to say I don’t even care about Nuke “getting better?”

He doesn’t want to get better.

I’m an Avalanche fan and this guy has repeatedly f***ed over my teams chances of winning.

I couldn’t care less if he’s in Minsk snorting rocks out of a straw next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad