Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I wouldn't rule out a mutual termination and he can go back to Russia and live the lifestyle he wants.
He'd be leaving a lot of money on the table tho. Unless a KHL team gives him a lucrative contract. Not sure if that kind of money is circulating in that league anymore.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
3hl61owy5i891.jpg

💔💔💔

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Windows closed for sure. Massive loss. Hope Nuke gets the help he needs but clearly has no interest in that right now.

Wonder what happened? Was playing great. Why now? Hopefully nothing worse comes out in the next few days.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Why have a player assistance program but tell the players hey we can terminate your contract? Who is going to use it? Just no way you can terminate a contract for this just like you can't terminate a contract early cause a player gets hurt too often.

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Why have a player assistance program but tell the players hey we can terminate your contract? Who is going to use it? Just no way you can terminate a contract for this just like you can't terminate a contract early cause a player gets hurt too often.
Mike Richards.
Windows closed for sure. Massive loss. Hope Nuke gets the help he needs but clearly has no interest in that right now.

Wonder what happened? Was playing great. Why now? Hopefully nothing worse comes out in the next few days.
So we can settle at Nuke being our Voynov?

(Don't mind me, I'm hammered)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There are different phases with different meanings. Nuke didn't ask for this.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
So he has to go through the program, which I'm pretty sure we have no idea what that is exactly, for 6 months during the offseason when he's in Russia? So we can't term the contract and presumably there won't be much oversight until training camp and then if he violates at that point, we can term? Gonna be 3 wasted years due to this.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So he has to go through the program, which I'm pretty sure we have no idea what that is exactly, for 6 months during the offseason when he's in Russia? So we can't term the contract and presumably there won't be much oversight until training camp and then if he violates at that point, we can term? Gonna be 3 wasted years due to this.

Avs can terminate, it will just be a legal battle.

Odds are high he's going to an inpatient rehab place in the states. If he doesn't adhere, he won't be reinstated.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Avs can terminate, it will just be a legal battle.

Odds are high he's going to an inpatient rehab place in the states. If he doesn't adhere, he won't be reinstated.
If so, there's a chance he says "f*** off i'm going back to Russia" and we can freely terminate.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Lol last time Nuke needed time off to go to rehab I was saying that it was so unprofessional and that he needed to get his shit together and everybody here was blasting me saying how “brave” it was of him.

Now a lot of y’all agree with me.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nuke will fight for his contract for sure because he has no chance of making that money anywhere else.

He'll join any program he needs to in order to keep it.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Can't imagine the players in the locker room will welcome back a 3rd time with open arms. Burned prime years of the core to win more cups. Screwed Parise of his last shot too.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Do you want a f***ing sticker or some shit?
Yeah I do actually.

I deserve it for being the ONLY one here calling him out for being so unprofessional after he already had let the team down last playoffs while y’all were basically cheering him and saying how fantastic he was, that he should take all the time he needs, that you’ll be waiting for him with open arms, that it was absolutely no big deal for him to let the team down again and it was perfectly normal. So what changed now?

• Haha
Reactions: Jazzguitar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad