Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Has it been revealed when Nuke gave the sample that was tested positive for banned substance?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I need to put in on my conspiracy theory hat for a second.... The timing of this whole things smells. Last year was obvious with what went down in Seattle.

This year, Val is leading the playoffs in scoring and generally playing quite well. So now he gets tested?? Yes, he is in stage 2 which means he is subject to random testing... but I wouldn't put it past that whiney a$$ DeBoer to make a call to Bettman to insist Val needs a test.

All NHL players are subject to random drug tests. The NHL does this for PEDs and there really isn't a formal punishment for recreational drugs as the NHL just doesn't care. The guys in the assistance program get hit more often for obvious reasons and after a certain point, there are repercussions for recreational use. There is no conspiracy here, this is simply how it works. The dummy was just snorting rails way too often and if finally bit him.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I would think another team wouldn't have the power to request a random drug test on a specific player. Nuke likely had this as a clause after going through stage 2 it's his f*** up to own.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I need to put in on my conspiracy theory hat for a second.... The timing of this whole things smells. Last year was obvious with what went down in Seattle.

This year, Val is leading the playoffs in scoring and generally playing quite well. So now he gets tested?? Yes, he is in stage 2 which means he is subject to random testing... but I wouldn't put it past that whiney a$$ DeBoer to make a call to Bettman to insist Val needs a test.

Does it matter? He failed a drug test. Pros get randomly tested constantly. Here's a novel concept: don't do drugs.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Not only that, I have it from an inside source in the Stars locker room that DeBoer told Jamie Benn to finish all his checks hard to wear down the Avs D.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Does it matter? He failed a drug test. Pros get randomly tested constantly. Here's a novel concept: don't do drugs.

9b3b4fb2cc7e54e10705b89ceddc04b1.gif

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
I would think another team wouldn't have the power to request a random drug test on a specific player. Nuke likely had this as a clause after going through stage 2 it's his f*** up to own.
I generally agree with this idea. But DeBoer is an exceptionally whiney little beatch

But I agree with the other replies to my tin foil hat.... play with fire, you will get burnt.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I mean... there's no way this guy could f*** his team 3 years in a row. Impossible.
He essentially already has. $6.125M in dead cap space. He will miss at least the first month of the season, and while that money won't count against the cap while he's out, the Avs can't use it to bring in someone else. Because as soon as he returns, so does his cap hit.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
I’m well aware that this has been a huge distraction to the team but at the end of the day we’re getting paid damn good money to play hockey. Need to suck it up and do that. As far as Val, I don’t have any sympathy and can care less how he ends up. He had an obligation to his wife first daughter first and avalanche. He put drugs and whores above all that. Someone on here put it best. I hope he ends up in Ukraine with Nothing dull knife.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’m well aware that this has been a huge distraction to the team but at the end of the day we’re getting paid damn good money to play hockey. Need to suck it up and do that. As far as Val, I don’t have any sympathy and can care less how he ends up. He had an obligation to his wife first daughter first and avalanche. He put drugs and whores above all that. Someone on here put it best. I hope he ends up in Ukraine with Nothing dull knife.

They're paying you!?! Mfer!

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
He essentially already has. $6.125M in dead cap space. He will miss at least the first month of the season, and while that money won't count against the cap while he's out, the Avs can't use it to bring in someone else. Because as soon as he returns, so does his cap hit.

And finally this will all be over and we can get back to CHOO CHOO TRAIN TIME

pont

Jul 1, 2019
I doubt he is ever eligible to play an NHL game again. The probability that he hits phase 4 even before getting out of 3 is extremely high, IMO. I think the Avalanche need to fill his cap spot in the off season and react as needed as things evolve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden Foppa

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
(e) to conduct himself on and off the rink according to the highest standards ofhonesty, morality, fair play and sportsmanship, and to refrain from conduct detrimental to thebest interest of the Club, the League or professional hockey generally.
They could use the hotel room stuff....but Bettman (or was it Daly?) said shortly after the events that they are aware of what happened and everything is fine.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I doubt he is ever eligible to play an NHL game again. The probability he that he hits phase 4 even before getting out of 3 is extremely high, IMO. I think the Avalanche need to fill his cap spot in the off season and react as needed as things evolve.
No one is going to willingly bail them out when they need to shed $6M of cap space in mid-November or December. The number of teams that can even absorb that kinda cap hit is small. Not to mention that Nuke has a full NMC until the 2025 season.

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
No one is going to willingly bail them out when they need to shed $6M of cap space in mid-November or December. The number of teams that can even absorb that kinda cap hit is small. Not to mention that Nuke has a full NMC until the 2025 season.
Damn.... I forgot about that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They could use the hotel room stuff....but Bettman (or was it Daly?) said shortly after the events that they are aware of what happened and everything is fine.
Clarification, Daly said everything was handled 'appropriately' not that everything was fine.

This is just the public info... we all know Nuke would have a different set of rules and standards to live by. And by the very definition, his conduct has been detrimental to the team on and off the ice. All it leads to though is a settlement. The NHLPA will have to push back to protect their membership, the Avs won't risk a full return/hit, and Nuke won't risk a guaranteed check. All parties here have incentive to work this out.

Reactions: Balthazar

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
All the best, Val. I hope the actual person behind the hockey playing freight train on my TV screen gets better; for his, his wifes, and most of all his daughters sake. That is all.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
After watching that game and reading this thread I really don't want to spend any more time thinking about this than I have to, so I'll remind you all of this interview in 2022: «Проиграли пятый матч финала — начал психовать. Казалось, упускаем кубок». Первое интервью Ничушкина после чемпионства в НХЛ

"The Stanley Cup, a great new contract. What does a person feel at this moment except for extreme happiness?

"I don't know, because I haven't fully realized what I've done yet. Sometimes my wife and I sit and we can't believe it. Think about it, I tell her, but we won! (Smiles.) But so far it does not fit in my head. My goals remain the same. After signing a new contract, I understand perfectly well what responsibility lies with me. This does not mean that you can now do whatever you want on the ice. You need to work off the trust you have received. I treat the people who gave me a contract very well and I don't want to let them down.

I have every sympathy for whatever he struggles with as a person. I appreciate everything he went through in building up our recent success. I do not want him to be associated with my hockey team any longer than he has to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad