Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Nah, the guy TBS showed on camera is pretty indicitive of cubs fans

The ones that drink too much at least

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'd get the outrage if it was Watson throwing a heater at his head, but it was a breaking ball on the butt. That's going to be the 26th hardest thing that smacks his ass tonight.

And just to ***** some more, thanks for the 29th draft pick, Major League Baseball. 2nd best record in baseball isn't enough to get into the real playoffs, but it is good enough to get the lowly draft position. :P

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Game isn't over yet!

You have to be the most level headed Pirates fan I've encountered in awhile! Again, I echo your sentiment on this WC situation, it's really dumb.

Great season to both teams despite what the final outcome of this game is.

Trust me, I've been here long enough to know that BMLH is very capable of a pretty epic rant on occasion :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'd get the outrage if it was Watson throwing a heater at his head, but it was a breaking ball on the butt. That's going to be the 26th hardest thing that smacks his ass tonight.

And just to ***** some more, thanks for the 29th draft pick, Major League Baseball. 2nd best record in baseball isn't enough to get into the real playoffs, but it is good enough to get the lowly draft position.

Just seed by record and not division winners. So obvious a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

S A W F T*

And just to ***** some more, thanks for the 29th draft pick, Major League Baseball. 2nd best record in baseball isn't enough to get into the real playoffs, but it is good enough to get the lowly draft position.

Not trying to start anything with you, I have liked your commentary and insight.

This is gonna be a rough and tumble division for years to come.

Regardless of outcome... just please tear these ****ing Cardinals apart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Not trying to start anything with you, I have liked your commentary and insight.

This is gonna be a rough and tumble division for years to come.

Regardless of outcome... just please tear these ****ing Cardinals apart.

I'm not fighting you whatsoever, I always welcome a new rival, I'm just defending my POV. I've enjoyed these last few weeks (probably aided by the fact that I wasn't around the past week to get heated).

Give 'em hell.

I'm blessed/cursed with having the intensity and love of sports of a yinzer and a generally pragmatic view on things. I try to be able to look at things from multiple POVs, but in the end it's all because Dan Bylsma has the IQ of a sock.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Yeah, nothing's gonna happen in a heated game when you give the pitcher the death stare.

As a pitcher, in that scenario, what would you do? Walking slowly and staring is standard procedure. If this was a game in June then maybe there's nothing to it. How does one "take it like a man"? And how likely do you think that is to actually be a logical outcome.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I will say this - I'm glad that the Cubs will be advancing. I just loathe the fact that it has to come at a 98 win team's hand while a 90 winner still has at least 3 games left to go. The Cubs deserve to be there...and they don't deserve to be starting down the mouth of the Cardinals as their reward for winning their 98th game.

The Cardinals wouldn't deserve the Cubs or Pirates either. But it's just one of those things this season.

Sometimes going through the hard way makes your team stronger while others teams just can't handle it.

S A W F T*

It was more likely responding to Coghlan dive-bombing Kang's leg two weeks ago.

Nope. A 1 game playoff is NOT the time to respond, whatsoever.

Baseball players have long memories... take care of it next year in the regular season.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nope. A 1 game playoff is NOT the time to respond, whatsoever.

Baseball players have long memories... take care of it next year in the regular season.

I agree.

I mean, Rodriguez was probably thinking of Kang with his temper tantrum, but Watson isn't going to hit Arrieta in a one-game playoff for something Chris Coghlan did some 5 meetings ago, and if he did that would be garbage.

I'm still furious about that play and I'll be wanting the Pirates to be sending Coghlan 'messages' for the rest of his pathetic knee-destroying career (he destroyed Aki Iwamura's career on an almost identical play years ago too), but the only person who should pay for Coghlan being a **** is Coghlan.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It was more likely responding to Coghlan dive-bombing Kang's leg two weeks ago.

While it may have been dirty to them, that play is routine. Sucks that he got hurt but it happens.

As an outsider, it's more frustration than anything for Pittsburgh. This is looking like a repeat of last year's one-game playoff. Both of which have been in their own ballpark.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Question, on mlbtv I'm getting the option of every camera angle individually. But what do I click for just the regular broadcast? Post-season interface is different.

Edit: nvm i was in the wrong menu

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Already 843 followers for that Pirates Water Cooler twitter. :laugh:

If Harrison can find a way to get on...to set-up 2 on for Cutch....

So much for that. Struck him out.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
While it may have been dirty to them, that play is routine. Sucks that he got hurt but it happens.

As an outsider, it's more frustration than anything for Pittsburgh. This is looking like a repeat of last year's one-game playoff. Both of which have been in their own ballpark.

So why hasn't every mlb player seriously injured at least two guys on slides? Maybe because most at least hit the ground first when sliding.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

The home teams have a really bad record in these games for whatever reason.

We did win the first one, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad