GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 3: Meet the new season, same as the old season?

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Cincy still leads 2-1 in bad kick results.

Loved hearing that DOINK though.

Doink!

That thing knuckled like it was from Tim Wakefield or one of the Niekros

Beat me to it!

Don't know why Cincy keeps playing for the FG either.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Crazy fun-ass slate of afternoon games. Props to the NYG winning in Nashville, definitely not clownshoes Giants today :nod:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
They sure do. One of the only seasons I can remember where I have no expectations. The roster has been downgraded, significantly. It’s not good. :(

Setting up Sean Payton to be the coach next year I'm guessing. Although I'm of the opinion that Prescott ain't it going forward, but they've paid him.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No tie in Cincy. Stillers kicker remembers the goal is between the uprights before the Bungles one does
Our kicker wasn't the one to blame: Our long snapper got hurt and the second string guy was really bad. The missed FG saw the snap nearly go over the holders head and he had to get it down so fast the timing was all screwed up and the laces were facing the kicker which is a major no no. The holder really should've just aborted the attempt and taken a mulligan (that was the reason they attempted on 3rd down to begin with).

Also this:

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
w
Our kicker wasn't the one to blame: Our long snapper got hurt and the second string guy was really bad. The missed FG saw the snap nearly go over the holders head and he had to get it down so fast the timing was all screwed up and the laces were facing the kicker which is a major no no. The holder really should've just aborted the attempt and taken a mulligan (that was the reason they attempted on 3rd down to begin with).

Also this:

the kicker just botched the kick. Yea the snap was high but he didnt start his kicking motion until the ball the was down. The laces werent out but were facing more on the holder's side than the kickers. The kicker just used too much hip and hooked the ball well to his plant side.

Laces to one side can cause the ball the tail towards the laces as they have weight but in fact the laces were on the opposite side of tailing action. Kicking the laces hurts and the ball doesnt compress as much. The kickers kick the ball hard enough at a 40 yarder that the lack of compression doesnt cause them to miss. I believe the KC kicker yesterday only took one step backwards when lining up his kick from 40. His plant foot hurt.

Also the holder seems to have held the ball upright too.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Prime Video stream quality is relatively sucky for Thursday night football. Commercials fine. Live action not so much. Herky-jerky, a bit blurry, and whoever is directing likes to change cameras in a most annoying way. If I didn't have Prime already I would not pay for this ish. Worse than Bally imho.​

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Prime Video stream quality is relatively sucky for Thursday night football. Commercials fine. Live action not so much. Herky-jerky, a bit blurry, and whoever is directing likes to change cameras in a most annoying way. If I didn't have Prime already I would not pay for this ish. Worse than Bally imho.​

It looks a lot like an old-school video game. The movements don't look natural.

And as I type this Mahomes makes magic happen. Dude is an unreal talent.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
+1 on not enjoying this.

I don’t stream anything “live” - this is annoying. If I want to flip to something else during commercials, it’s a whole process. :(

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
"Of all the Cleveland Browns in the world, you're the Cleveland Browniest." #lolBrowns

charliebrown.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad