GDT: Non-Panthers NHL playoffs talk

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe something is to say about being frustrated. Maybe mental frustration affects you physically.

I know it does for me. It’s like when I get frustrated, I have negative signals blocking my concentration, and my elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top.
Absolutely. You don't have to be a doctor to know that stress and anxiety break down bodily functions. There's some quote from Gretzky that the game is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical. As with a lot of those Yogi Berra-ish quotes, it is getting at a subtextual truth that the mental aspects bleed into physical performance. Ideally you would want players to rise to the challenge and push even harder when they hit a wall, but that's hardly achievable for most.

Back in the day you could always shake things up with a fight, so people would lose focus and reset their stress levels a bit. That doesn't really seem to work with today's more professional players, for better or worse. Now the fights are just frustration spilling over and reinforcing the emotional imbalance.

What the Flyers could really have used is a chilled out powerplay QB. Going scoreless on the powerplay game after game must be extremely stressful.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hawryluk pick was fine, his development was just derailed by injuries

His development was stopped about his low IQ. I remember that he had a real good Year, played well scored good. And then he thought he must fight, top show he so matured in his process.
He broke his Hand to him out 3-4 Weeks and later on he doesnt he his Hands and the Flow going. The next Season he wasnt even more that good.
Beside the bad Draft we had over Years, some Players who had talent doesn´t had the IQ or in the Head to act so stupid.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
His development was stopped about his low IQ. I remember that he had a real good Year, played well scored good. And then he thought he must fight, top show he so matured in his process.
He broke his Hand to him out 3-4 Weeks and later on he doesnt he his Hands and the Flow going. The next Season he wasnt even more that good.
Beside the bad Draft we had over Years, some Players who had talent doesn´t had the IQ or in the Head to act so stupid.

Lots of prospects fight. That was Hawryluk's game, he was picked in the 2nd round because he was a pest and played a physical style. His willingness to fight was an attractive quality to us. He just got unlucky.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I hope our guys are watching the Bolts, and how they find ways to win. How they don’t give up, the last 20sec, they went hard and found a way. The Isles were playing Panther defense, they took a nap at the wrong time.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
The Islanders appear to have run out of gas. Barzal's effort on Tampa's third goal looked like something we would expect from the Panthers. Point went to the net and stopped, while Barzal kept going and ended up behind the goal as Point poked in his own rebound.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The Islanders appear to have run out of gas. Barzal's effort on Tampa's third goal looked like something we would expect from the Panthers. Point went to the net and stopped, while Barzal kept going and ended up behind the goal as Point poked in his own rebound.
Bailey late covering for the d-man on the second goal as well, weird to see a Trotz team fall apart like that.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bailey late covering for the d-man on the second goal as well, weird to see a Trotz team fall apart like that.
Maybe weird, but enjoyable, because the commentators are shamelessly pulling for the Isles. I don’t think they like that it looks like a Bolts-Stars final.... imagine how they’d react to Panthers in the finals.... (not something they need to worry about, I know)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Surprised Dallas won the series in 5. Khudobin getting a lot of credit, and he was good, but the defense should be getting most of the plaudits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad