News: NYR actively looking for a Center & Right Wing before deadline.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

Emily Kaplan said on the live broadcast that:

- Rangers are looking to trade for a center and a right winger.

- Willing to part with their 1st Round Pick if the deal is right.

- Made calls on Scott Laughton but Flyers price is extortionate and priced the Rangers out of a trade.

- NYR have told GMs that prospect Gabe Perrault and Brennan Otthman are not being part of any trade.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Nucks trade them Lindholm.

Emily Kaplan said on the live broadcast that:

- Rangers are looking to trade for a center and a right winger.

- Willing to part with their 1st Round Pick if the deal is right.

- Made calls on Scott Laughton but Flyers price is extortionate and priced the Rangers out of a trade.

- NYR have told GMs that prospect Gabe Perrault and Brennan Otthman are not being part of any trade.

So Drury doesn’t want to give up anything of value.

So can’t expect any player of significance coming back.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Must be a #4C they’re looking for if they won’t give up Perrault or Othmann and they can’t even get Scott Laughton with what they’re willing to give up.

With the poor quality of the late 1st round this year, don’t think anyone is giving up a legit top-6 C without one of those two prospects coming back.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Must be a #4C they’re looking for if they won’t give up Perrault or Othmann and they can’t even get Scott Laughton with what they’re willing to give up.

With the poor quality of the late 1st round this year, don’t think anyone is giving up a legit top-6 C without one of those two prospects coming back.
Colton Sissons + Trenin might make sense in that case, if Nashville sells.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

We don't need a legit top 6 C. We need someone to replace Chytil on the 3rd line so we can move Brodzinski down to the 4th line.

Top 6 RW? Completely different story, but I don't see the Rangers getting one if their best available trade chip is a late 1st.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
So Drury doesn’t want to give up anything of value.

So can’t expect any player of significance coming back.
Can you name a rental that garnered a blue chip prospect?

There is plenty of value in the Rangers pool which could fetch a decent rental alongside a 1st rounder but other than Guentzal, there is no rental worth that.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

They don't need a top-6 C. They need a 3rd line C to play between Kakko and Cuylle. They also don't necessarily need a top-6 RW. They need someone to play with Zib and Kreider (which is a bit different). Ironically, these are similar needs as a couple of years ago, where they got Copp and Vatrano (plus a 6th round pick) for a total of Morgan Barron (not a top prospect or a prospect anywhere near the level of Perrault and Othmann), two conditional 2nd round picks, a 5th round pick, and a 4th round pick. So just two years ago, the Rangers got a C and a RW without giving up a top prospect or even giving up a guaranteed 1st round pick.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
They don't need a top-6 C. They need a 3rd line C to play between Kakko and Cuylle. They also don't necessarily need a top-6 RW. They need someone to play with Zib and Kreider (which is a bit different). Ironically, these are similar needs as a couple of years ago, where they got Copp and Vatrano (plus a 6th round pick) for a total of Morgan Barron (not a top prospect or a prospect anywhere near the level of Perrault and Othmann), two conditional 2nd round picks, a 5th round pick, and a 4th round pick. So just two years ago, the Rangers got a C and a RW without giving up a top prospect or even giving up a guaranteed 1st round pick.
Right, my point is that I don’t think you’re going to get a legit contender-quality 3C for a pick in the late 20’s this year.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Right, my point is that I don’t think you’re going to get a legit contender-quality 3C for a pick in the late 20’s this year.
Except...they did. Two years ago. Copp was a key part of the ECF run. And they didn't even give up a guaranteed first in that deal.

Reactions: TS Quint

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Except...they did. Two years ago. Copp was a key part of the ECF run. And they didn't even give up a guaranteed first in that deal.
Read my post again… key word is “this year”.

I also don’t consider Andrew Copp to be a contender-quality 3C, but I suppose that’s neither here nor there.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad