Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition, Part II

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I've seen the charts.

I've also seen the coaching, the change in personnel, and the on ice games.
Then we will simply disagree. I’m not willing to take a gamble on Seth Jones for the price his next contract will be. I’m absolutely not willing to give Weegar up.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I wouldn’t put too much stock in his play with a depleted team. It shouldn’t matter but guys don’t play at their highest level when they’re on a bad team. Put him on a legit team again and he’ll be back to his normal self.

granted, I don’t think Weegar would be included in any deals. It’d be picks and prospects.

I’d want to add to our big-3 on D, not add and subtract

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He wont get winning from Edmonton, Seattle, Philly and Chicago. Caps have no cap space at all. They have 9 and still have to sign 4 other guys INCLUDING Ovechkin.

Dallas has a lot of spots to address. But he could go there as he is from Arlington

Winnipeg, you'd have to convince him to go there first lol. And they also are short on space with a lot of signings to do.

Edm- if they add Jones, a goalie, and better depth, they could do something. They'll have a lot of cap space this summer. Not that Holland is this amazing GM, but it's possible.
Phi- they didnt make the playoffs, but they're still a bubble team with a lot of talent. Theyre a Hart rebound season away from a run.
Seattle- they'll immediately be a bubble team with a ton of picks and prospects. With Jones added, they become a playoff contender. He might want to jump aboard a team with a bright future and that can meet all his wishes financially.
Chicago- they are on their way back up, they have a lot of good prospects and Jones solidifies a young promising D core. They might not make the playoffs in year 1, but they would be a threat in the West from year 2 on.
I put Washington because there are rumors that they'll trade Kuzy. Jarmo has shown he will make 1 for 1 hockey trades like this in the past, actually did it with Jones. He might do the same thing with Kuzy here, he said he will acquire a#1 center, and Caps need to bolster their blueline. Its a longshot, I give you that.
Winnipeg-they are a playoff contender, with Jones and maybe another D(Heinola maturing?) they become a sc contender. They are more tight than some of these other teams but they could dump some guys.

Last edited:

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Here is what I do:

If Yandle doesn't waive his NMC, I buy him out.
I sign Dreidger to a cheap deal, trade him to Seattle for expansion draft consideration.

I sign one of Adam Larsson, Jani Haakanpaa, Ryan Murray for cheap...2 million or less.

The only d I am paying for is Doug Hamilton. He will re-sign in Carolina though.

I consider offer sheeting Adam Pelech.

Qualify / Re-sign
Duclair
Forsling
Bennett

I try to trade for a blue chip player (Eichel, Gaudreau, Nylander...) hopefully without trading Lundell.

I hope one of Gildon, Kolchanyook, or Ludvig can make the team out of camp.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If you start calling on players like those they will ask about Lundell and Knight 1st.

Those are the 2 guys every team would covet

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
This is a complete fantasy land proposal, but would you guys consider the following:

To Col:
Barkov
2021 first

To Fla:
MacKinnon

I’m sure this is probably an offer both sides turn down, but just wanted to see if either would agree.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
This is a complete fantasy land proposal, but would you guys consider the following:

To Col:
Barkov
2021 first

To Fla:
MacKinnon

I’m sure this is probably an offer both sides turn down, but just wanted to see if either would agree.

Id probably do it.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Here is what I do:

If Yandle doesn't waive his NMC, I buy him out.
I sign Dreidger to a cheap deal, trade him to Seattle for expansion draft consideration.

I sign one of Adam Larsson, Jani Haakanpaa, Ryan Murray for cheap...2 million or less.

The only d I am paying for is Doug Hamilton. He will re-sign in Carolina though.

I consider offer sheeting Adam Pelech.

Qualify / Re-sign
Duclair
Forsling
Bennett

I try to trade for a blue chip player (Eichel, Gaudreau, Nylander...) hopefully without trading Lundell.

I hope one of Gildon, Kolchanyook, or Ludvig can make the team out of camp.

is that you, Bill?? :laugh:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

To Col:
Barkov
2021 first

To Fla:
MacKinnon

Nope. Homegrown talent and all that. Plus, I know how much people look at the money, who's going to take up more cap on their next contract? And I think Barkov has taken another step with his game this past season, it might have made a little more sense before that. And we have give up a 1st? Sorry, no go.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Nope. Homegrown talent and all that. Plus, I know how much people look at the money, who's going to take up more cap on their next contract? And I think Barkov has taken another step with his game this past season, it might have made a little more sense before that. And we have give up a 1st? Sorry, no go.

The first was to make up for the extra year at a low AAV as MacK has an additional year on his contract and has been the better player to this point in both players careers.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The first was to make up for the extra year at a low AAV as MacK has an additional year on his contract and has been the better player to this point in both players careers.
Nathan MacKinnon is a hell of a player, but I feel like I will forever have the image of him yelling back at his coach on the bench that one game.

Barky doesn't pull those shenanigans.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

That will for sure go well. 100%

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad