Speculation: Official Rumours/Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread: 2020-21 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Some Instagram stalking implies that Huby broke up with his long term girlfriend; maybe that explains the fall. Perhaps we can quarantine Barky and Huby together for companionship? #LuongoTwins

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’m really tempted to add Hall to run our third line: I guess he’d displace Vatrano but I wouldn’t mind a Vatrano-Lammikko-Acciari energy and scoring line.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
This team is in no position to add anything substantial when they haven't even showed they can make the playoffs. Let's see if they make it and then how they do, who sucks and who doesn't when it really matters. Plus there are too many glaring holes (2C) or baggage (Yandle) still on the roster to go all in.

Stay on course and see what the real needs are come playoff time.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Got to disagree: a decent run would be big for the development of the core. Hunerdeau is in his prime and Barky is almost there

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
This team is in no position to add anything substantial when they haven't even showed they can make the playoffs. Let's see if they make it and then how they do, who sucks and who doesn't when it really matters. Plus there are too many glaring holes (2C) or baggage (Yandle) still on the roster to go all in.

Stay on course and see what the real needs are come playoff time.

I mean, they're in a playoff position right now. If they still are come trade deadline day and they can get a good player there's no reason not to do it.

I agree with the sentiment of staying the course, but I think staying the course at this point demands some success. We've been staying the course for quite a while now with nothing to show for it. Last season's playoffs were a bust, but we can't go into the playoffs this year assuming they're still not good enough. These guys have to put up or shut up at some point, they can't be babied until that one magical year we all want to happen that may never come.

And who knows, next year Barkov might suffer an early injury and be out half the year, destroying any chance at the playoffs, putting any chance of success off for another year. They're in position now to do something and they should do it.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
That’s absolutely false. They’ve got plenty of cap room to add any player at the deadline.
Yep: I’m guessing that we might eat some expiring contracts for picks. We have 16M in deadline space; we could add Hall and still eat a bad contract

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I mean, they're in a playoff position right now. If they still are come trade deadline day and they can get a good player there's no reason not to do it.

I agree with the sentiment of staying the course, but I think staying the course at this point demands some success. We've been staying the course for quite a while now with nothing to show for it. Last season's playoffs were a bust, but we can't go into the playoffs this year assuming they're still not good enough. These guys have to put up or shut up at some point, they can't be babied until that one magical year we all want to happen that may never come.

And who knows, next year Barkov might suffer an early injury and be out half the year, destroying any chance at the playoffs, putting any chance of success off for another year. They're in position now to do something and they should do it.

I'm not sure there's an argument here. My point was before starting to sell off the future, picks and prospects, this group has to show if they have any chance of winning in the playoffs. They won't win in the playoffs because of trade deadline acquisitions, which rarely work out anyway.

This group definitely has to put up or shut up . Last year was pathetic.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’m not trading cost controlled Lundell for the next 3 years that is extremely valuable. That being said everyone else would be on the table for me. But for Eichel we might have to just do it and deal with it later. Barkov and Eichel down the middle would be the best center depth in the league. Eichel would feast on second lines.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Sign me up

Yup. The Panthers have no need for those four pieces since they are mid to long term project anyway. Barkov-Eichel-LuStar/Borg in the middle, Weegar, Ek, Fors, Gildon/Stillman/Ludvig/Kolyachonok as top4 is all they need to be a deep playoff team.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I know you would be devastated, but that's a no-brainer on our end.
What's more devastating: I'd have to become a Sabres fan :(:(

I’m not trading cost controlled Lundell for the next 3 years that is extremely valuable. That being said everyone else would be on the table for me. But for Eichel we might have to just do it and deal with it later. Barkov and Eichel down the middle would be the best center depth in the league. Eichel would feast on second lines.
Eh, Lundell wouldn't really have space with Eichel unless we want to go Penguins 2007-2009 style. I don't know if I'd do it, but it would propel us to Stanley Cup favorites this season.
Huberdeau-Barkov-Verhaege
Hall-Eichel-Hornqivist
Vatrano-Wennberg-Duclair
Lammikko-Luostar-Acciari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad