Buffalo Bills Offseason part 2. Combine Mar 1-7. Free Agency & 2022 season begins March 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Yep - no point going round in circles.

But i will say that some Bills fans are at the point of being obsessed with improving the pass rush. I think it's largely because they don't have that one guy that's always looking to get to the QB or because they rarely put up gaudy sack numbers.

As well as the heavy rotation - we also know that they like to get pressure from areas other than the edge - eg via Oliver through the middle.

Can the pass rush be improved? Of course. But I'd hardly call it inadequate.

I wasn't a fan of the Epenesa/Rousseau/Basham picks at the tine. And while Epenesa & certainly Basham are looking no better at this point - they are all still young with a strong likeilyhood of improving by the upcoming season & beyond.
That's fair. I don't think there's a fix-all to any pass rush and ours is certainly better than the days when we used to just throw out Kelsay and Denney and all those high motor guys who couldn't catch a whiff of Brady.

Idk how much longer I'd say Epenesa has a strong likelihood of improving, though. He's been a let down by most accounts up to this point. Basham is too hard to say because he didn't get snaps that often until the back nine of this season. But Epenesa I feel like has had his opportunities.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Well, I was wrong. I said that I thought McKenzie was gone for sure. I knew the Bills wanted him back but I thought he didn’t want to be here anymore.

Very Happy to be wrong!

Edit:

Wonder if that’s a possibility of $8M with incentives or if they gave him $4M x 2?

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Interesting, means Beasely is gone and no Kirk then, right ?
I would think so. At least on Kirk. Not sure on Beasley. I would think this makes it less likely he’s back but it seemed like Beane was open to him returning so I won’t 100% close the door on Beasley/Buffalo yet. He may not even be willing to come back anyway. Who knows.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
well, they still need to replace Sanders, that could be Davis, through the draft , using the money for the line's and or cb2
I hope they see Davis as the obvious replacement. I think he’s earned it and that it would be stupid to block his playing time by signing another vet. Especially since they have much more pressing needs. Just draft someone to compete.

I’m really intrigued by Davis and really hope he has a bigger role this coming season.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Well no one will say Mahomes has better judgement than Allen anymore now that Mahomes married his girlfriend.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Lol at the Vikings choosing 2 more years of mediocrity.

Good on the McKenzie resigning. Hoping it means they finally trust him for a full time role.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Lol at the Vikings choosing 2 more years of mediocrity.

Good on the McKenzie resigning. Hoping it means they finally trust him for a full time role.
Ehh... Cousins was way above mediocre last season IMO.

Totally agree re McKenzie & it's great to see him signed. I'm personally fine with he, Diggs, Davis & Knox as the primary weapons. Spend those picks plus what little cap space there is elsewhere.

They NEED to trust him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad