• Adam Wilsby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
He's pretty light and played in a lesser league. I have no idea aside from that. There are probably a bunch of examples of even smaller and less productive players from lesser leagues who went above him this year alone. His numbers are pretty dramatic which is what you want coming from a small pond.

Edit: 5'9" and 150lbs
Yeah that seems to be the consensus size, I was originally looking at EP which has him at 5'10" 160. Either way if putting on weight is the main concern I feel that's not that hard to do these days. Surprising that someone wouldn't take a 4th round flier or something.

Kabetogama

Jun 11, 2021
I loved this draft we just had. But two prospects out of this draft getting majorly overhyped I feel are Molendyk and Nilsson. Nilsson was ranked as a late third rounder by central scouting and hockey news didn’t even rank him in their top 90.
I definitely feel we got better prospects than him this draft with guys like kiiskanen, Lind, Mackinnon.
I have Nilsson ranked at 21 overall in our prospect pool:
Nilsson was injured last spring and missed the U18-WC. Some scouts viewed him as a late first-rounder before that. I believe he played in more SHL-games than any other forward born 05, despite not being an obvious star when the season started. Had a great junior season before getting injured. Late bloomer and scouts see skills that are transferable to the NHL. Plays for a team that has developed other prospects (for example Kasper and Seider). Difficult to project how he will pan out, but could explain why Nashville took him at #43.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He was 8th round.
But what about your boy Gunnarwolfe, he was a 7th rounder and you’ve claimed he’s done nothing but impress since being drafted. I asked what he’s done to impress but crickets from you…

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He was 8th round.
But what about your boy Gunnarwolfe, he was a 7th rounder and you’ve claimed he’s done nothing but impress since being drafted. I asked what he’s done to impress but crickets from you…
I would say he is probably on par with campbell but i dont think either ever make the nhl.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I would say he is probably on par with campbell but i dont think either ever make the nhl.
I agree. @Armourboy was saying he should be a top 10 prospect for us though because he’s made major strides since being drafted. But I’ve asked him a couple times what he’s done to impress him so much but no reply.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I agree. @Armourboy was saying he should be a top 10 prospect for us though because he’s made major strides since being drafted. But I’ve asked him a couple times what he’s done to impress him so much but no reply.
I've never said a thing about that player. I've never stated anyone should be a top 10 prospect let alone him specifically.

Last edited:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I've never said a thing about that player. I've never stated anyone should be a top 10 prospect let alone him specifically.
Yes you did. In prospect number 6 vote I believe. I tagged you in it twice as well.
You said Knak and Fontaine are studs and have made massive strides since being drafted. You ignored my tag twice so I didn’t wanna hound you and be a jerk.

But tell me, what impressed you with them? What have they done to merit a higher ranking? I’m honestly asking because I don’t see it.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yes you did. In prospect number 6 vote I believe. I tagged you in it twice as well.
You said Knak and Fontaine are studs and have made massive strides since being drafted. You ignored my tag twice so I didn’t wanna hound you and be a jerk.

But tell me, what impressed you with them? What have they done to merit a higher ranking? I’m honestly asking because I don’t see it.
I think that was Aintlifegrand.

Reactions: PredsV82

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Also the comment was that Knak should be top 15 and that Gunnarwolf has exceeded expectations since being drafted. I don't personally have him that high but I don't think it's that insane to have him ranked there. Once we hit 15 its pretty much all guys that probably never really play in the NHL. Gunnarwolf probably doesn't make the NHL either, but he's been a good college player that might at least push for NHL time at some point. I would say that is above expectations for the average 7th round pick.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There are going to be a few guys with names like theirs which won't even get signed by us. In past years, they make our top-20. Now, it's hard to even crack our top-30, and we're not even going to have contracts for some of these guys once they graduate.

That's unfortunate for them, but a good sign in general for us. Or it could be a good sign for Atlanta if we can get a few guys to take AHL-only first contracts with Milwaukee, like Novak did, and which is sort of becoming more of a mini-trend around the league.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

You might want to check that again. I have never commented on either Knack or Fontaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad