• Adam Wilsby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Vote for the best prospect (with whatever reasoning you want) from the above poll.

Rankings:

1. Yaroslav Askarov (G, 11OA 2020 Draft)
2. Joakim Kemell (RW, 17OA 2022 Draft)
3. Matthew Wood (LW/C, 15OA 2023 Draft)
4. Luke Evangelista (RW, 42OA 2020 Draft)
5. Juuso Parssinen (C/LW, 210OA 2019 Draft)
6. Philip Tomasino (RW, 24OA 2019 Draft)
7. Tanner Molendyk (D, 24OA, 2023 Draft)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Svechkov clearly. Next.

Any chance we get number 9 up sooner then late….?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I went Svechkov too but I still don't really see what he has done to significantly separate himself from the likes of L'Hereux and Schaefer. With all of them playing for the Ads though we should get some direct comparison soon enough.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Svechkov time. I hope he can show some good stuff in the AHL this season and work his way up a spot or two for next years rankings
I would expect Svechkov to be in our top-4 for next years rankings. Well, 3 guys ahead of him will graduate. I would expect him and Kemell to be our best two forwards in Milwaukee this season. He has already played games against men for 3 years, unlike our junior prospects.

Reactions: maplepred

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I would expect Svechkov to be in our top-4 for next years rankings. Well, 3 guys ahead of him will graduate. I would expect him and Kemell to be our best two forwards in Milwaukee this season. He has already played games against men for 3 years, unlike our junior prospects.

Depends on what the definition of "prospect" is. Is it strictly an age thing or does it involve NHL status. I do expect Parsinnen, Evangelista, and Tomasino to be in the NHL all year. So him making it into top 4 will likey hinge on him alone. Can he have a big year in the AHL? They look like theyll be loaded offensively so itll be interesting to watch

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I went Svechkov too but I still don't really see what he has done to significantly separate himself from the likes of L'Hereux and Schaefer. With all of them playing for the Ads though we should get some direct comparison soon enough.
Well, the other has played against men for three years.. the other has been suspended like a gazillion times just this year alone.

Reactions: Viqsi and maplepred

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Depends on what the definition of "prospect" is. Is it strictly an age thing or does it involve NHL status. I do expect Parsinnen, Evangelista, and Tomasino to be in the NHL all year. So him making it into top 4 will likey hinge on him alone. Can he have a big year in the AHL? They look like theyll be loaded offensively so itll be interesting to watch
Not sure if Milwaukee will be that "loaded" offensively... I guess it depends on what guys get sent back. But it's not easy for rookie pros to contribute at the AHL level. I would hope for pretty good production from Afanaseyev-Svechkov-Kemell, but all bets are off for pretty much the entire rest of the forward group.

Guys like L'Heureux and Schaeffer and Burke could struggle at first. I'm still hopeful Milwaukee will get a couple forward prospects from Carolina, though... that would really solidify things. Or if guys like Jankowski, Sherwood, or Gurianov get sent down... but then if they do, it probably means less icetime for the rookies. Either way, I would expect the team to take a little step back from last season's success.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well, the other has played against men for three years.. the other has been suspended like a gazillion times just this year alone.
It's not like he did particularly well playing in the men's league though. In his VHL games his numbers regressed pretty heavily from the year before. Plus, how good is the VHL really anyways? In the KHL his numbers are unremarkable. I realize his situation isn't ideal but I don't think that him simply playing in men's leagues is inherently impressive. If that's the rationale then why not rate Chistyakov higher than him (unless he gets points subtracted for it being unlikely for him to come to the NHL)? Knak played with men and was actually a contributor to his team so why isn't he higher?

I guess I just have Molendyk, Svechkov, L'Hereux, and Schaefer in a tier of have the talent that they were drafted high but still need to prove themselves. I feel like I'm missing something since most of you guys who watch prospects the most closely seem to like Svechkov a lot, but I still just don't get it. In any case we will have a much more direct comparison soon which will be interesting.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Stastney for me. I put more stock in guys I've seen actually play against NHL competition, and while a small sample size I was somewhat impressed with his ability to play when he got the chance.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's not like he did particularly well playing in the men's league though. In his VHL games his numbers regressed pretty heavily from the year before. Plus, how good is the VHL really anyways? In the KHL his numbers are unremarkable. I realize his situation isn't ideal but I don't think that him simply playing in men's leagues is inherently impressive.
I guess I can't really understand this. He got 31 pts in 30 games in the VHL the year before, how is that not impressive? :huh: This past season he spent most of the time in the KHL, where they simply don't give icetime to youngsters. But that's like a 20-year old playing in the NHL. It's ahead of the curve. But even if that can't impress you, I think it's worth noting that he was also a much more highly touted prospect than Molendyk/L'Heureux/Schaefer at 18. Some places had him in the top-10. He was outstanding in his draft year at the WU-18, more akin to how Wood performed, not the lesser role guys. The war robbed him of chances to play in the WJC subsequently, maybe that would have helped some folks become a little more familiar with him? :dunno:

If that's the rationale then why not rate Chistyakov higher than him (unless he gets points subtracted for it being unlikely for him to come to the NHL)? Knak played with men and was actually a contributor to his team so why isn't he higher?
Indeed, I think Chistyakov would have a very good case. But is hurt similarly by people here not paying attention to him, and then added on to that having signed to stay 3 more years in Russia. But he also was never previously as highly touted in his draft year either. I think it would be very appropriate to rank Chistyakov as our #1 prospect on D, ahead of Molendyk. I wouldn't put up any argument against anybody who did that. Similarly people who might want to rank Stastney or Livingstone ahead of Molendyk would be fair IMO, since we have seen those two guys handle the NHL already.

And probably at least 1 person here also argues in favor of Knak. :)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I guess I can't really understand this. He got 31 pts in 30 games in the VHL the year before, how is that not impressive? :huh: This past season he spent most of the time in the KHL, where they simply don't give icetime to youngsters. But that's like a 20-year old playing in the NHL. It's ahead of the curve. But even if that can't impress you, I think it's worth noting that he was also a much more highly touted prospect than Molendyk/L'Heureux/Schaefer at 18. Some places had him in the top-10. He was outstanding in his draft year at the WU-18, more akin to how Wood performed, not the lesser role guys. The war robbed him of chances to play in the WJC subsequently, maybe that would have helped some folks become a little more familiar with him? :dunno:

Indeed, I think Chistyakov would have a very good case. But is hurt similarly by people here not paying attention to him, and then added on to that having signed to stay 3 more years in Russia. But he also was never previously as highly touted in his draft year either. I think it would be very appropriate to rank Chistyakov as our #1 prospect on D, ahead of Molendyk. I wouldn't put up any argument against anybody who did that. Similarly people who might want to rank Stastney or Livingstone ahead of Molendyk would be fair IMO, since we have seen those two guys handle the NHL already.

And probably at least 1 person here also argues in favor of Knak. :)
Don’t forget gunnarwolfe too, also a top ten prospect lol

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Chistyakov is absolutely the guy that we are underrating just based on his situation. His production is far ahead of any of the other D prospects. I really think he would slot into our D group and make some of these middling tweeners dispensable, but alas we may never see him.
This may be true but if he's never coming over is he even a prospect? Seems like he's just a guy the Preds have the signing rights to.

Reactions: Viqsi and Armourboy

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
i think we have to disregard chsitayakov as he is simply too much of ? mark at this pt
He did sign a 3 year contract with the KHL. He will be edible to come over when he turns 25 which is typically around the age non 1st round dmen break into the NHL. Id keep an eye on him but until he shows interest in coming over there isnt much to get excited about. He wont be a prospect once his KHL contract expires but he might be able to make an immediate NHL inpact

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He did sign a 3 year contract with the KHL. He will be edible to come over when he turns 25 which is typically around the age non 1st round dmen break into the NHL. Id keep an eye on him but until he shows interest in coming over there isnt much to get excited about. He wont be a prospect once his KHL contract expires but he might be able to make an immediate NHL inpact

Is he a tasty prospect? :DD
Doncha just love autocorrect??

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I am watching Chistyakov from afar, but viewing him as just a bonus at this point. If he comes over at 25 and adds anything to the team it'll be pleasantly surprising.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Forget him. He negotiated and signed a contract for 3 years in the KHL; a minor league. He wants to be there; not here. His choice. Move on to players who want to be here. Preds D has numerous prospects who are fighting to be here.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Forget him. He negotiated and signed a contract for 3 years in the KHL; a minor league. He wants to be there; not here. His choice. Move on to players who want to be here. Preds D has numerous prospects who are fighting to be here.
I suspect he wants to be "here"... as in Nashville. But of course, the Preds couldn't promise him that yet, and two-way NHL ELCs are mandatory. We don't know his financial situation. $105M rubles might be very important to him/his family in the present tense, and he couldn't make that much money in Milwaukee. I'm not going to forget him. After 3 years he'll be the same age as guys like Stastney, Livingstone, Del Gaizo will be when they get their chance in the next year or two. Or Carrier when he got his. They've all played in "minor leagues" meanwhile. And they're all worth looking at.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
I suspect he wants to be "here"... as in Nashville. But of course, the Preds couldn't promise him that yet, and two-way NHL ELCs are mandatory. We don't know his financial situation. $105M rubles might be very important to him/his family in the present tense, and he couldn't make that much money in Milwaukee. I'm not going to forget him. After 3 years he'll be the same age as guys like Stastney, Livingstone, Del Gaizo will be when they get their chance in the next year or two. Or Carrier when he got his. They've all played in "minor leagues" meanwhile. And they're all worth looking at.
Hope you’re right. Seems players bound for the NHL PLAY in the AHL and SIT in the KHL. He needs to be here getting AHL ice time and AHL Preds training; not some KHL afterthought. Can’t speak to the money part and that is, of course, a major consideration for him. He made his choice; Preds just need to press on with what they have and just HOPE on him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hope you’re right. Seems players bound for the NHL PLAY in the AHL and SIT in the KHL. He needs to be here getting AHL ice time and AHL Preds training; not some KHL afterthought. Can’t speak to the money part and that is, of course, a major consideration for him. He made his choice; Preds just need to press on with what they have and just HOPE on him.
He's a regular top-pair KHL defenseman now on a top team, he'll probably play more and a bigger role there than he would with our logjam in Milwaukee also. So there are no worries about that for him in terms of icetime like there is for junior-aged prospects, he's past that stage now.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad