Speculation: Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Had Zito waited to the next day then he'd be hearing comments from Huby that he had to receive the info about the trade via Twatter. Zito cannot win in this scenario where he had to trade an entitled, supposed face of the frenchfries.
I don't there's a set deadline during the off season for a trade like that. GMs just have to make a deal happen asap because you'll never know what else enters or leaves the picture and makes a trade to fall apart.

Huby and Weegs will be fine but Huby ofc is obviously the more butthurt party since he has to drive his Lambo in Calgary from now on.

They make a Lambo SUV no? :)

All I wanna know is, who's getting traded this offseason?
We need to know the goods Jean Luc Insider.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
They make a Lambo SUV no? :)

All I wanna know is, who's getting traded this offseason?
We need to know the goods Jean Luc Insider.

Huby certainly has the dough to refurbish his Lambo.

Trades are done for this off season but Duke ofc is the next one to go since they can't put him into the lineup due to cap reasons and they aren't going to trade e.g. Montour to make room for Duke.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Huby certainly has the dough to refurbish his Lambo.

Trades are done for this off season but Duke ofc is the next one to go since they can't put him into the lineup due to cap reasons and they aren't going to trade e.g. Montour to make room for Duke.
Yep. I think we are seeing the Zito core developing

Barkov/Tkachuk/Lundell/(I believe Reinhart but less certain)
Ekblad/Forsling
Knigher

after that it is adding pieces.

Edit: my hot take is Bennett for Girard will be traded when Lundell explodes this year

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Ekblad/Forsling
Knigher

Edit: my hot take is Bennett for Girard will be traded when Lundell explodes this year

Is it weird I think Forsling is more of a certain re-sign than Ekblad?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Ekblad/Forsling
Knigher

I don't think Zito sees anyone besides Barkov as a core piece at this point tbh. However, I'd reckon that it mostly comes down to impact per $$$. If some player in particular isn't worth his cap hit or is just a pain in the rear to deal with then he'll be gone one way or another.

Guys like Verhaeghe and Luostarinen will probably stick around with this org for the next +5 years but no one will ever consider them as core pieces. Benny and Reinhart are good players but they likely aren't worth their next UFA contracts.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Do I dare to open Pandoras box and ask who will be your whipping boy without Huby on the team? Is there a front-runner?

I already mentioned Ekblad at the start of this off season because he's an offensive dman who's pretty bad in his own zone and he's going to get some ~$11mil per deal in the FA market which I'm sure Zito doesn't agree with. But a lot can happen in the next two years with Ekblad.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I already mentioned Ekblad at the start of this off season because he's an offensive dman who's pretty bad in his own zone and he's going to get some ~$11mil per deal in the FA market which I'm sure Zito doesn't agree with. But a lot can happen in the next two years with Ekblad.
So he is officially in the doghouse as of right now? Just asking so we can replenish our counter argument arsenal for the whole next season ;)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So he is officially in the doghouse as of right now? Just asking so we can replenish our counter argument arsenal for the whole next season ;)

You may consider him to be in the doghouse as of right now. I have already mentally prepared for this board to defend his inefficiencies in the d-zone by ignoring the issue altogether and pleading ppl to solely focus on his point totals. :)

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I serron noel getting traded ? heard him in rumors to Boston.. was just wondering why the big guy wasn't on our training came roster. to go from camp standout under Q to not invited... seems harsh

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I feel there is going to be a sense of dé·jà vu when Ekblad is traded to (e.g. Boston) in a couple of years, and he will be upset/pouting just like Huberdeau this offseason. Even when his new team gives him a $11mx7 contract.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I feel there is going to be a sense of dé·jà vu when Ekblad is traded to (e.g. Boston) in a couple of years, and he will be upset/pouting just like Huberdeau this offseason. Even when his new team gives him a $11mx7 contract.

You could be right. My assumption is that Ekblad would take it more of as a business decision than a personal attack but he'd still be sour over it. Big name players that have been traded are usually so eager to paint the picture in the most favorable light as possible, like stating that they prefer to play for a team that wants him in their their lineup even though they know very well that it's just the team they disembarked from just wanted something else more instead of getting rid off the player in question. Yandle, for an instance, was a player that the Panthers just wanted to get rid off.

Besides that Ekblad is unreliable in the d-zone and overpaid as of right now... it's that subtle bravado by Ekblad e.g. him stating three years ago that the Panthers are the team to beat in this league just because Dale hired Q and made couple of other moves in the off-season. Ekblad has his own perception of what this team is and how it should be run... if/when that perception differs a lot from the rest of the team/mgmt then there's going to be big disappointments.

PanthersHockey

Jun 11, 2011
I serron noel getting traded ? heard him in rumors to Boston.. was just wondering why the big guy wasn't on our training came roster. to go from camp standout under Q to not invited... seems harsh
I was wondering the same thing...Odd that he wasn't included unless they just have him penciled in for Charlotte or trading. Anyone have any idea what's going on with him?

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I think that Huberdeau and Dummy were traded because they are the ones that went to the Strippee the night before the game. Viola is Military and a West Point Grad. I think that he said dump these 2 if that's how they prepare for battle. I was an Officer in the Army and there are certain things you just don't do.

I also played football at a D3 school and we were undefeated for years. You don't party until the night after the game is played. A couple of Freshman didn't understand that, and they paid dearly at the next practice. Our QB gave them high passes across the Middle and our linebackers crushed them a bunch of times. They never did that again.

Huby and Dummy also wanted a ton of money with term and their age said No in Zito's eyes.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
I was wondering the same thing...Odd that he wasn't included unless they just have him penciled in for Charlotte or trading. Anyone have any idea what's going on with him?
Still, per CF anyway, seems like all the other 'non-rostered' players are on the Training Camp list. Strange...injury / surgery rehab maybe?

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Please please PLEASE stop it with the strip club speculation. Pretty much nobody in here believed that shit when it was a current topic and now you're saying that's why the guys got traded. Seems very far fetched especially when the obvious logical reasons are pretty plain and simple: upcoming huge contracts and poor playoff performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad