Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
- Our coach made some tough decisions which is quite shocking since he works for the Oilers. The lineup decisions were HF's wet dreams lol

- I'm so happy for Holloway. He's keeping up at the highest speed now

- Drai is a half effort type of guy, but tonight his work rate was all-world and he controlled all parts of the game. If he could harness and sustain this player he would be compared to Mario and Gretz, not McJesus

- It's hard to get too excited, since we are rocking an AHL goalie in the second round despite having no injuries to goalies, because Oilers.

- The canucks played pretty well tonight, it's not like there are a few adjustments to make. It's tied, but it's not. They have to be frustrated after getting dominated like this over big stretches of games.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Matthews is making 13.25 with his new extension. I'd give Drai more and McDavid. I'm thinking 14 for Drai and McDavid at least 15 million. I know the cap is going up but not sure by how much.
Gotta keep them and Bouch as the core for as long as possible. Hyman and RNH are likely Oilers for life but other guys will have to go at some point to keep it together

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Matthews is making 13.25 with his new extension. I'd give Drai more and McDavid. I'm thinking 14 for Drai and McDavid at least 15 million. I know the cap is going up but not sure by how much.
Honestly McDavid should take close to Drai just out of pure respect for the German Gretzky. Draisaitl is the best playoff performer of the past 30 years. I love McDavid to death, but the refs don't call shit in the playoffs (outside of head scratching penalties) and Drai is built to handle that. He's a better playoff performer than McDavid, and McDavid is #2 in the past 30 years.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Sick win, I was watching on stream so I was behind and my buddy kept ruining shit for me lol. But damn, we controlled large portions of this game like last game and the one before. Would have been nice to have Pickard in before but we are where we are. Let's use the NHL goaltending and run with it.

Holloway on the second line definitely gives us a better outlook as a team. We have two solid lines that can score at least now. I don't even mind the lack of scoring from the bottom six. Silovs has been phenomenal. Man it's hard to go to sleep after this one.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
It was so nice not panicking when Pickard played the puck. Plays it confidently. Had a higher than .900 save percentage. For the most part the team played well in front of him.

His save at the 8:30 mark of the third is the one that I think Skinner would not have saved.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The lil Petey thread on Cucks board is must read. They despise him more than we do.

Braindead comments though:

'Trade his ass and use money to fill our roster" lol who is going to take on that 100M buck contract for a guy that looks like a weak nothing player that isn't even noticeable in playoffs.

Or this one:

"he needs help, put hoglander back on his line. lol. hoglander with zero playoff goals and not shooting 25% anymore..

you gotta see it though. its gonna be even greater reading when Nucks lose next two games.

Another laugh? Watch Pettersson intensity as Oilers are freezing puck on boards with 30secs left and count it down to 10. He's doing a casual dig for the puck with the game on the line. Such a passenger. The worst contract in the league.
He's a weaker version of Nuge with a much better shot. I sincerely doubt he'll ever be a playoff performer. Too weak, too soft, too unengaged. Only way he'll ever make a name for himself in the playoffs is if he finds a PP like the Oilers. And he won't because he'll never have a Connor McDavid.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Please tell me what channel this is on Optik TV??

I am so sick and tired of Craig Simpson's constant ejaculation to Rick Tocchet and the canucks. It's sickening
Funny you say that while Canucks fans are sick of Craig blowing his load over the oilers. Did you listen in the third about how Craig Simpson was going on about what the oilers should do to win and how immaculate Leon is? Bouchard god mode, etc....

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They are not anti oilers.
I've watch hockey for 44 years and I don't care if the refs call a penalty or not anymore. If you are good, you win the game. End of story
Disagree. But if you can watch hockey and think everything is on the up and up, then credit to you. Less annoying that way.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
The PTSD is gonna catch up to the Ex-Flames and ripple through the lineup. It's infuriating having to read the idiotic posts from two garbage fanbases. Flames fans have the biggest lil' bro energy I've ever seen with their piggybacking rn.

LA must also on their bandwagon lending them the fluke goals.

Said it on the mains to one of their mouthiest posters here (I'm paraphrasing myself): "Shouldn't a real Flames fan cheer for this to go to 7 and the winner get swept in the next round?"

What a bunch of stooges. I remember I felt the above (that both teams go to 7 and the winner gets swept next round) when those two teams met in the playoffs 9 years ago or whatever (and the Flames nearly got swept by the Ducks in the next round lols).

Last edited:
Reactions: Not Canada Drai

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
The PTSD is gonna catch up to the Ex-Flames and ripple through the lineup. It's infuriating having to read the idiotic posts from two garbage fanbases. Flames fans have the biggest lil' bro energy I've ever seen with their piggybacking rn.

LA must also on their bandwagon lending them the fluke goals.
I wonder if there's a Fan960 call-in after each Canucks game to hear the biggest losers on the face of the Earth chime in on the game?

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
The lil Petey thread on Cucks board is must read. They despise him more than we do.

Braindead comments though:

'Trade his ass and use money to fill our roster" lol who is going to take on that 100M buck contract for a guy that looks like a weak nothing player that isn't even noticeable in playoffs.

Or this one:

"he needs help, put hoglander back on his line. lol. hoglander with zero playoff goals and not shooting 25% anymore..

you gotta see it though. its gonna be even greater reading when Nucks lose next two games.

Another laugh? Watch Pettersson intensity as Oilers are freezing puck on boards with 30secs left and count it down to 10. He's doing a casual dig for the puck with the game on the line. Such a passenger. The worst contract in the league.
Worst contract or Nurse?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Said it on the mains to one of their mouthiest posters here (I'm paraphrasing myself): "Shouldn't a real Flames fan cheer for this to go to 7 and the winner get swept in the next round?"

What a bunch of stooges. I remember I felt the above when those two teams met in the playoffs 9 years ago or whatever (and the Flames nearly got swept by the Ducks in the next round lols).
On the bright side, every bandwagon they jump on that we beat is like the Flames are losing the BoA all over again. They are not happy over at CP lol.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
I am truly convinced Elliotte is clueless about the game and is only plugged into the media and drama. It's painful sometimes hearing his takes

Guy is unbearable. I think it was @oobga (if not, my bad) who said he had the chance to be the next Bobby Mac but ended up being a biased shill douche instead.

I refuse to watch when him or McLean are on. Which is a shame because Bieksa and Gazdic are decent. Too good for that shit joke of a sports network.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I am truly convinced Elliotte is clueless about the game and is only plugged into the media and drama. It's painful sometimes hearing his takes
I was surprised to hear Elliotte get one thing right, just his take on the Ekholm to Nuge play, and he basically reiterated what I was telling my friend that was over (Leafs fan) lmao lol. He's actually one of the good ones and watches other teams, knows the players, the game etc and has been pissed off about a lot with the team even when the season started. Rare find lol and I'm talking about my friend, not Ellotte, he's a f***head mostly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad