Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Listening to the Got Yer Back and I believe it was Rishaug that had the idea that if Henrique is ready to go that you sit Perry. Keep the top 6 and 4th line as is and plug Henrique on the 3rd line.

I tend to agree, getting that 3rd line going is imperative and Perry just isn't bringing anything outside of gamesmanship. Foegele and McLeod aren't doing much either but there isn't any chemistry between the three, Perry can't keep up so it becomes a 2 man forecheck until Perry arrives. Henrique isn't fast either but if he can keep up with McDavid, he can fit in on the 3rd line.

Of course, no mention of benching Ceci on the pod or anywhere else in the Oilers media universe as far as I know. Amazes me how he doesn't get more mention as a detriment.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I am once again begging Oilers fans to remember how Draisaitl plays in the playoffs EVERY year and what big german balls he has, when he inevitably doesn't backcheck as hard as you like in game 32 next year and y'all start calling him "lazy", or "drunk" or whatever.

This guy is a f***ing WARRIOR and absolutely built for the playoffs. Please, please remember that in the regular season. He's a big man and saves his best for when the games mean the most. Please don't forget about (playoff) Drai.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bouchard with 4 goals (3 at evens, 2 game winners) and 15 points in 9 games with a +8 and not all McDrai PP leeching btw.

Ekholm with 3 goals, 6 points in 9 games and a +6.

Draisaitl with 8 goals 20!!!!! points (Holy Hell) in 9 games and a +2 but an absolute horse and two way beast that goes beyond even the gaudy offensive numbers. He is not just a great playoff performer, he will go down as one of the best playoff performers of all time especially if the Oilers make a real run. Well, they need to make a real run for him to get those accolades.

McDavid and Hyman have been good as well but these 3 are leading the way. Still need more from other guys, Nuge and Kane showed out yesterday, 4th line was solid but these 3 are destroying it. Get them some help so the games aren't all heartattacks.
McDavid might not be getting the points the past 2 games, but don't be fooled he is doing a lot out there. He is wearing down the Nucks with his speed and opening up chances for the rest of his linemates

Listening to the Got Yer Back and I believe it was Rishaug that had the idea that if Henrique is ready to go that you sit Perry. Keep the top 6 and 4th line as is and plug Henrique on the 3rd line.

I tend to agree, getting that 3rd line going is imperative and Perry just isn't bringing anything outside of gamesmanship. Foegele and McLeod aren't doing much either but there isn't any chemistry between the three, Perry can't keep up so it becomes a 2 man forecheck until Perry arrives. Henrique isn't fast either but if he can keep up with McDavid, he can fit in on the 3rd line.

Of course, no mention of benching Ceci on the pod or anywhere else in the Oilers media universe as far as I know. Amazes me how he doesn't get more mention as a detriment.
I think despite the stat sheets I'm sitting Brown before Perry. Perry's voice on the bench, on the ice in the locker room is a lot more than Brown does imo. Plus the chirping is something we can use.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wish the team would just trust guys to come in more often.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson with Pickard and he will continue to give the team a chance.

I’d really like to see them bring in Stecher for Ceci. It feels obvious. Its like they don’t trust Ceci anyway but they still won’t pull him out of the lineup.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A lot of Nurses GA seem to go off him. It’s the same problem Smith bitched about before. Nurse isn’t the goalie. Don’t play pretend goalie so close to the net.
That second goal that went off his skate wasn’t Nurse’ fault.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Bouchard with 4 goals (3 at evens, 2 game winners) and 15 points in 9 games with a +8 and not all McDrai PP leeching btw.

Ekholm with 3 goals, 6 points in 9 games and a +6.

Draisaitl with 8 goals 20!!!!! points (Holy Hell) in 9 games and a +2 but an absolute horse and two way beast that goes beyond even the gaudy offensive numbers. He is not just a great playoff performer, he will go down as one of the best playoff performers of all time especially if the Oilers make a real run. Well, they need to make a real run for him to get those accolades.

McDavid and Hyman have been good as well but these 3 are leading the way. Still need more from other guys, Nuge and Kane showed out yesterday, 4th line was solid but these 3 are destroying it. Get them some help so the games aren't all heartattacks.
Bouchard has 3 game winners. +8 too.

He looks miles better than the Norris winner this year

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Fun game. It was a very impressive defensive effort by Edmonton, except for the inevitable mini-lapse after the 1st goal against. But overall a good game by the guys. Nice work by Pickard.

Nuge had a good game, but the star of this game was Evan Bouchard! Holy cow, he had a great night. This might have been the best game of his career.

Here's the rub, though: The bottom 9 (except Drai, if you count him) are still doing absolutely nothing offensively. Oilers are not winning this series unless one of Kane, McLeod, Ryan, Foegele (who did jack squat all night) scores.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
A lot of Nurses GA seem to go off him. It’s the same problem Smith bitched about before. Nurse isn’t the goalie. Don’t play pretend goalie so close to the net.

I'm with you here... tie up the sticks instead, clear the sightlines.

If you are going to try and block the puck, please for the love of god be "one object" rather than a disperse set of arms and legs... get your legs together. Don't turn your body... or stick out your leg... your gonna get hurt and that's just more edges for random shit to happen.

And be coasting OUT toward the puck so that the deflecting angles are improving as the windup is happening, rather than standing static 4 feet in front of your goalie where you are blocking the view and any glancing blow can be top corner.

Signed,

Your not-so-cat-like-reflexes beer league goalie.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
The way tochette was hinting in the post game I have a feeling demko is back next game. And to be honest the way silovs is playing I'm stoked. Think that would be a huge mistake to make esp seeing how well silvos has been
Well we likely will have Skinner back in net.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Why not sit Foegele who brings nothing at this point. Play Perry and Henrique

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The issue is they're bandwagon Canucks fans so they don't know hockey (neither does Elliotte, MacLean and the other idiots on the panel, apparently).
I always liked Elliotte but he clearly doesn’t like us haha. His “source” was probably himself who thought he saw a high stick and wanted to be the Canuck hero. Then it wasn’t even close and he wasted everyone’s time.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
What a win! I couldn't sleep for another 2 hours after that because I was so pumped... running on 4 hrs of sleep, but worth it!

A few thoughts:

* McDavid is just carrying the forward squad right now, with some strong support from Drai - we desperately need someone else in the bottom 9 to step up

* I have been a fan of McLeod for some time, but he looks like he has no confidence - always cuts back around instead of driving it to the net... I think it's time we cut him loose

* Kane is gritty and definitely a playoff-type player, but he makes some really bone-headed passes really often

* Perry is just such an asshole...I'm glad he's on our team. Needs to put up some points though!

* I can't see how Ceci stays on this team next year outside of the bottom pairing - really hard to watch him play...

* What do we do with our goalie situation? Skinner is the worst playoff goalie since 2005, and Pickard (despite playing great) isn't going to win us a Cup

Let's go Oilers! We need to win the next game, then finish this series off!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Credit where credit is due. Splitting Mcdrai found something.

The Holloway Drai Kane line might be a new thing. They played great. Have we finally found a combination that works for Drai? If we move on it might be the kind of depth we need vs the Stars.

- I'm a tad bit worried about Mcdavid without Drai. He gets mauled out there.
- Happy for Holloway. The kid finally got his chance and he ran with it!

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
I have 3 boys in AAA hockey, parents yell about refs, yell about bad goaltending. I'm like chill out. You think the refs would turn to the fans and say sorry? Then reverse a call? Nope. Suck it up. I'm immune to the refs. They can call a major on mcdavid at puck drop for spitting on the ice and I won't cry a river.
All it takes for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.

In all seriousness that’s wild you can do that. You are like Yoda.

• Haha
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I am once again begging Oilers fans to remember how Draisaitl plays in the playoffs EVERY year and what big german balls he has, when he inevitably doesn't backcheck as hard as you like in game 32 next year and y'all start calling him "lazy", or "drunk" or whatever.

This guy is a f***ing WARRIOR and absolutely built for the playoffs. Please, please remember that in the regular season. He's a big man and saves his best for when the games mean the most. Please don't forget about (playoff) Drai.
has anyone posted the gif of him "oooooohhhhhhh"ing last night that was lol

since i havent seen it yet ill say it......

ceci played decent kulak anchored that and it allowed nurse to play more physical with 73. hes not awesome by any means but he wasnt bad and battled hard all night

Reactions: TB12

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I have 3 boys in AAA hockey, parents yell about refs, yell about bad goaltending. I'm like chill out. You think the refs would turn to the fans and say sorry? Then reverse a call? Nope. Suck it up. I'm immune to the refs. They can call a major on mcdavid at puck drop for spitting on the ice and I won't cry a river.
100% i coach my players to never argue, fight, disrespect refs. i never yell at them or belittle them. every season by dec we start getting benefit of the doubt calls and they are never a factor for us. refs arent the enemy and i highly doubt they are biased in any capacity. they are just people and you get the best out of them with respect.

Side note sometimes i want to strangle them too but i never let it leave my head out loud and affact the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad