OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
He's taken over Sorokin the last half or so of the season. 8-1-1 in his last ten with .930.

doesn't really matter. Varlamov is not better than Sorokin. If they didn't have a good option sure, but Sorokin is top 3 goalie, you have to go with him. Playoffs is new start. This is a Ruff head scratcher for sure

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Carolina in 6 - Sorokin will be starting in this series before it ends.

I'm gonna say Boston in 7 - this could go either way. I like Boston's goaltending a ton more. We've seen bad goalies outplay better goalies in a playoff series before. I think we'll see both Samsonov and Woll start in this one. I also think there's a chance we see both Swayman and Ullmark start in this series but if we do then I think that may mean things haven't gone well for Boston.

Panthers in 7 - This is the one that has the most potential of a flip flop for me, because I really wanna pick the Lightning, but the Panthers SHOULD win this.

Rangers in 4

Winnipeg in 7

Nashville in 6

Dallas in 7

Edmonton in 6

I could potentially flip flop on some of the ones that haven't started yet. Just putting all of these in the same post. I'm still undecided on some of them.

I honestly think Toronto vs Boston, Tampa Bay vs Florida, Colorado vs Winnipeg, and Nashville vs Vancouver could all go either way. Even the Vegas vs Dallas series could.

I'm supremely confident that all of the Rangers, Canes and Oilers get to the second round.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
doesn't really matter. Varlamov is not better than Sorokin. If they didn't have a good option sure, but Sorokin is top 3 goalie, you have to go with him. Playoffs is new start. This is a Ruff head scratcher for sure
Yeah I take Sorokin over Varlamov anyday but theyve been playing important games for a month and he has outplayed Sorokin. I'd say its a 1A-1B situation and whoever is hot, plays.

Who remembers it was Lyon who started for game 1 for Panthers last year? And then Bob for the rest of the run. You ride the hot hand for as long as you can.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You know who is the Isles GM right? Palat for Sorokin, the trade is one for one.
Say what you want about Lou but he hasn't made many "bad" trades.

In fact we've probably seen more questionable trades in the last 8 years than we did in the previous 25 under Lou.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if they're back to Sorokin as soon as they lose a game this series.

Unless they lose game 3 after being up 2 games to 0.

If they win game 1 and lose game 2 I could easily see Sorokin starting game 3.

If they lose game 1 I could see Sorokin in for game 2 if Varlamov looks bad or just the least bit off today.

And judging by the goal on him (unless that was tipped?) he's already started this one a least a little bit off today.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Mac scores

1713648474743.jpeg

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Say what you want about Lou but he hasn't made many "bad" trades.

In fact we've probably seen more questionable trades in the last 8 years than we did in the previous 25 under Lou.
Getting rid of Toews for just 2 seconds was bad but other than that I can understand his trades. Isles were competitive he added Greene, Palms, Zajac, Pageau etc. Not bad trades. They were close to beat Tampa each time they faced.

But Toews trade you cant forgive. I know he was a cap casualty but you cant just get rid of the young good player cause you cant pay him, you need to get rid of someone else one way or another to open up cap space to atleast bridge the kid.

I dont know enough how Romanov has been to know how that trade was tbh. I wouldnt have done it but like I said I dont know.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And oops, I forgot Frederik Andersen isn't a very good goalie anymore, despite the rando run he's been on.

I'm pretty sure if he played for the Devils he would have had unspectacular numbers, just like he did his last two years in Toronto when he started to get hurt all the time.

Come to think of it, he had pretty unspectacular numbers in the regular season with Carolina just last year..

And Raanta played good there the same year he had his ''Vezina candidate'' season in 21-22.

And Raanta has probably been bad since before he got to Carolina but they kept him relevant for just one more year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Getting rid of Toews for just 2 seconds was bad but other than that I can understand his trades. Isles were competitive he added Greene, Palms, Zajac, Pageau etc. Not bad trades. They were close to beat Tampa each time they faced.

But Toews trade you cant forgive. I know he was a cap casualty but you cant just get rid of the young good player cause you cant pay him, you need to get rid of someone else one way or another to open up cap space to atleast bridge the kid.

I dont know enough how Romanov has been to know how that trade was tbh. I wouldnt have done it but like I said I dont know.
Oh wow...I wasn't even thinking beyond New Jersey :laugh:

Nothing exists to me beyond the Devil's :)

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Goalies are so voodoo. I wouldnt be surprised if Andersen or Varlamov went on a Tim Thomas 2011 kinda run for 20 games or lets in 8 goals a game. I feel like literally any average to good goalie can go on a run in this league but being great consistently is harder to find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad