OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Mostly agree, but I don’t think the Canes have a shot at coming back. I could see them winning game 6 but I’d have to think they’re out in game 7 if that happens.

I’d rank the Panthers above the Rangers but I’d also accept the Rangers above them because of the goalie matchup.

Bob has been little more than a passenger these playoffs. He’s played more like the mediocre goalie they got on an albatross contract the first couple of years than the dominant goalie of last playoffs and even this regular season.

And I don’t take Paulie Eyes seriously as a head coach. Not in 2024. They win in spite of him. I don’t care how much they get up after he screams expletives at everyone.

I’m about ready to give the Rangers the East (I’m definitely giving them this series) because Florida is dicking around with the Bruins right now (they should have choked them out tonight and they no-showed much of the first half of the game) and they’ve already played a game more than they should have. Let’s see if they can make it two more games than they should have played after Friday.

And the Oilers are losing a lot of stock with me. If it isn’t Skinner sinking them with 5-4 and 4-3 losses, then they can’t score more than 2 goals.

I mean if the Stars end the Avs tomorrow then they'll be sitting back for the rest of the league to kill itself. Rangers missed a big chance in sitting at home while Florida/Boston kill each other. The Oilers/Vancouver have joke goalies and will get trounced by the Stars next round unless Oettinger has a repeat 2023 WCF. I don't think the East is winning it this year. Seems like the Stars are the best bet to win the Cup with how they've been playing and that's with Pavelski being super pedestrian, he should become a big factor later in the playoffs. They've been getting carried to hell by Miro + Wyatt Johnston + Jason Robertson this playoffs so far

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Dallas and Jim Nill's ability to retool is pretty incredible
15-16 finished 2nd in the regular season, only 4 players (Lindell had a cup of coffee so 3 regulars) remain from that roster
19-20 lose in the SC final, 10 players (7 regulars, Robertson Harley and Otter played a combined 7 games for them) remain on their current roster
23-24 a game off the WCF and a good shot to win it all

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was wondering where Pavel Zacha’s playoff goal scoring futility ranks in annals of NHL history.

Since 1967-68 there’s been 13 forwards with more playoff GP without scoring a goal.

Here’s all 30 forwards with a min 20 playoff GP and zero goals (since 1967-68).

IMG_6931.jpegIMG_6934.jpeg

And the teams they played for
IMG_6947.jpeg

Here’s a broader look at more recent non-scorers.

IMG_6937.jpeg
IMG_6938.jpeg
IMG_6942.jpeg
(Underlined TOI means the number is incomplete because they only have the stat start starting in 1998-99)

IMG_6951.jpeg
IMG_6952.jpeg

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I was wondering where Pavel Zacha’s playoff goal scoring futility ranks in annals of NHL history.

Since 1967-68 there’s been 13 forwards with more playoff GP without scoring a goal.

Here’s all 30 forwards with a min 20 playoff GP and zero goals (since 1967-68).

View attachment 871237View attachment 871238

View attachment 871240

Here’s a broader look at more recent non-scorers.

View attachment 871253
View attachment 871245
View attachment 871244
(Underlined TOI means the number is incomplete because they only have the stat start starting in 1998-99)

View attachment 871249
View attachment 871252

Our old bud Jim McKenzie.

Crazy that dude played 13 playoff games on the '03 team.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
View attachment 871037

This is f***ing hilarious, I didn’t know it was a vote of one.

oh ya. thats a massive reason why the award is a joke....if it was actually voted on like the other awards maybe people wouldn't laugh so hard

I jokingly call it the:

Mark Messier award for being Mark Messier's favorite player, not counting Mark Messier, as presented by Mark Messier.

and sponsored by lay's chips

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As impressive structurally as Dallas is, I don't think they have the fire power to outscore the rags in a series where nyr will average 5-7 powerplays per game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

@Bleedred will enjoy that one
I finished my walking for the night and missed everything after about halfway through the 2nd.
Oettinger went full Vitek tonight.
I figured that’s who that was about. Judging by the score.

Unfortunately, there’s only really two goalies I trust left in these playoffs. Shesterkin and Swayman and Swayman’s team sucks.

I can’t even come up with a power rankings after those two.

Silovs might actually be the next up after that. Bobrovsky would be near the bottom around Andersen and just above Skinner, who’s so far underwater he’s drowning.

To be fair, Oettinger has been pretty good before tonight, outside of the first game against Vegas, where I’m pretty sure I remember him losing them the game.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Seguin took a nasty slash, not good

What’s with the Ferraro hate?

ferraro hate was never there until this season..... he's just too f***ing much blasting in with his whatever insight on the game and doesnt stop...... he's gotten worse and worse as he gets more air time and part of the 'happy jokey' club that is ESPN..

im done with him.

Camille the Eel

I finished my walking for the night and missed everything after about halfway through the 2nd.

I figured that’s who that was about. Judging by the score.

Unfortunately, there’s only really two goalies I trust left in these playoffs. Shesterkin and Swayman and Swayman’s team sucks.

I can’t even come up with a power rankings after those two.

Silovs might actually be the next up after that. Bobrovsky would be near the bottom around Andersen and just above Skinner, who’s so far underwater he’s drowning.

To be fair, Oettinger has been pretty good before tonight, outside of the first game against Vegas, where I’m pretty sure I remember him losing them the game.
Dallas did not match the sense of urgency and aggressiveness that Colorado played with tonight. The difference from the past 3 games was dramatic. They gave Colorado lots of room to skate, the Av’s were quicker to pucks and winning board battles, particularly in the third period. That’s why the game went the way it did.

True Oettinger didn’t play his best but he was merely one example of their lack of focus and compete.

ferraro hate was never there until this season..... he's just too f***ing much blasting in with his whatever insight on the game and doesnt stop...... he's gotten worse and worse as he gets more air time and part of the 'happy jokey' club that is ESPN..

im done with him.
If I’m not done with him forever, I’m plenty sick of hearing his voice for now. He can really start to grate on you. It’s true of the whole damn crew.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After reviewing the game I thought maybe it was the Mittlestadt goal that you guys were speaking of. I thought sure it’s a bad goal but nothing too out of the ordinary or uncommon.

Then I saw the Makar goal and that was obviously the one that was being talked about. That was one of the most pathetic goals I’ve seen all playoffs. The shot wasn’t good. I’d have to think a high school goalie or a beer league one could stop that.

The MacKinnon goal that made it 5-3 was also a stoppable one under his arm, but more forgivable than the two before it.

I think between Oettinger giving up a soft goal hat trick in the 3rd period and that goal scored with half a second left in the 1st period (not a bad one), it was easy to see why Dallas lost.

Besides the soft goals, imagine they don’t give up a goal with a half a second left in the 1st period and go to the room up 1-0 and not tied 1-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad