Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Congratulations! Top (owner) to bottom (scouts) one of the best organizations in the ohl. Off to the ohl finals, playing with house money at this point. Gens core players are still a year or two away from their best seasons.

Reactions: Whatanathol

squireprods

May 8, 2023
Great job team!

Attachments

• IMG_8228.jpeg
    IMG_8228.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 5

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Congrats I had a feeling Oshawa would bounce back in Game 7. Not sure why hardly saw you all play this year but an extra congrats to ex Knight Stuart Rolloff. Sometimes you have to trade away solid hockey players in order to improve your roster and in this case Stuart is one of those guys that was hard to see go. Should be an excellent series against London. We are a bit shorthanded but most teams are short and banged up at this point of the season so let’s drop the puck and get at er!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
That was a Kingston fan, who has been bashing the Gens all season, gloating over our Sunday loss.
When was I bashing the gens LOL

You got it all wrong I wanted you guys beating north bay and I said I hate north bay more than you guys right now

If you could actually read you’d know this.

• Love
Reactions: All the Answers

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
A Kingston fan making fun of any teams loss is hilarious in its own right! Guessing but Kingston historically must be the least successful OHL franchise out there? Ok maybe Sudbury but its close. 😆
Yeah kingston is a shit franchise lol nobody’s gonna disagree with that. Nothing will change until Springer is gone.

Wasn’t making fun of the generals loss but if this was the fronts I’d rather be swept in the first round as an 8 seed then get all but 2 minutes away from our first ohl final to hypothetically choke that and lose 4 straight games (which you didn’t do, obviously, but were close to doing)

All about perspective- we haven’t experienced an ohl final lol. you guys have more times than I have fingers.

Reactions: Buttsy

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s your game 1 lineup like? Who do you think will be in/out?

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If Sennecke and Buckley play (50/50 on Sennecke, 90/10 on Buckley)
F lines:
Sennecke-Ritchie-Lockhart
Roobroeck-Kumpulainen-Rolofs
Torrance-Griffin-buckley
Delisle-Franssen

If Sennecke is out but Buckley plays (Buckley is very likely to play regardless)

F lines:
Rolofs-Ritchie-Lockhart
Delisle-Kumpulainen-Buckley
Torrance-Roobroeck-Griffin
Franssen-Graham

D Pairing: (without healthy Punnett, likely)
D'Amato-Marrelli
Sandhu-Danford
Rodriguez-Bedkowski
Punnett (Peppered in based of feel/moral bench support)

If Punnett Healthy, No Rodriguez and you add Graham to Scenerio 1, Toms to Scenerio 2

Long story short, lots of variables based on uncertainty right now

Reactions: LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yeah kingston is a shit franchise lol nobody’s gonna disagree with that. Nothing will change until Springer is gone
I was actually shocked a bit when I looked up the Kingston track record. It's a challenge staying passionate I am sure year in and year out. You somehow do it though so hats off to you, stay loyal one of these days .....

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I was actually shocked a bit when I looked up the Kingston track record. It's a challenge staying passionate I am sure year in and year out. You somehow do it though so hats off to you, stay loyal one of these days .....
Lol yep. Haven’t even been to an OHL finals.

If they made it there, for me that would be our OHL title

Reactions: Buttsy

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006

Same with Sarnia…. Some very good teams and exceptional players with absolutely no success.

It’s like the 90 years of Cubs baseball.
Completely
Useless
By
September

Reactions: frontsfan67

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.

Kingston is an incredible town as well, a decently sized population to support the team, but bad ownership is always the kicker. I feel like oshawa prior to Tullio buying the team were more of a small market/regional organization, despite the rich history of the team. But he’s invested a ton and has turned it into a premier location to play Jr hockey and a place players specifically want to go to, like London and Kitchener. Kingston has that potential imo. Very nice rink in a solid location, great downtown as well. I’ve always had a soft spot for Kingston and hope they can become a place players want to go to and the rink can get filled.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston is an incredible town as well, a decently sized population to support the team, but bad ownership is always the kicker. I feel like oshawa prior to Tullio buying the team were more of a small market/regional organization, despite the rich history of the team. But he’s invested a ton and has turned it into a premier location to play Jr hockey and a place players specifically want to go to, like London and Kitchener. Kingston has that potential imo. Very nice rink in a solid location, great downtown as well. I’ve always had a soft spot for Kingston and hope they can become a place players want to go to and the rink can get filled.
thanks! yes I’m hoping the next 2 years they can bring in some more people. these next 2 years for the team should be the best they have in the next little while- if fans don’t show up for these years I don’t know when they will

Looking at the last 15 years how you guys have an ohl title or two potentially after this series, Hamilton having 2 in their short bit of time there, Pete’s getting one, and Ottawa being a 50 win team pretty often- it’s really disappointing as a fronts fan

Reactions: Section5Petes

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Game night.......seems quiet here.

Good luck, enjoy the series. Looking firward to it.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Woof. Injuries to Sennecke and Buckley means the Gens need their depth players to step up and well…..they look like players who haven’t seen much ice time in the last few months.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Ldn older, bigger, and has more depth. #7 a problem. Great D core too.

Gens looked nervous. Big stage at the Bud and TSN. Let's hope they find some calm for Sat.

Need a healthy 45 and 11.

The injury to 14 looks serious.

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad