OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If the team is content with just abusing a weak division to barely squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round anyway, might as well make it fun. In this circumstance I’m happy to see Albert back with the Cards, but I sure would’ve preferred a starting pitching upgrade or two though.

Reactions: BrokenFace

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’m glad they’re bringing Pujols back. I’m sure the DH being an option now helps, and while he seems mostly washed, he can still hit LHP and at least can be another bat off the bench. I don’t get sentimental about baseball the way a lot of people (particularly in STL) do, but Pujols finishing his career with the birds on the bat feels right.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Why is the baseball thread locked?

Anyways, I’m glad to see Albert finish here, but to me it’s a such a nostalgia play to appease the fan base after not doing much in FA that it seems very meh to me.

Maybe he’ll prove me wrong and come out and do well.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I booed Pujos the very first time he entered the field wearing an Angel's jersey. Spring training in Tempe, AZ.

I made him a sign and everything.

The people in front of me were wearing Cardinals clothes as well. They looked back at me and told me I couldn't boo Albert Pujos. I said, "Oh yeah? Watch me."

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Pirates are worse than bad.
Cards have a really soft April schedule. Mets and Brewers are the only good teams on the calendar. I'd be disappointed if the Cards ended with a record worse than like 14-8. May is the exact opposite. Two against the Royals and three against the Orioles are the only games in the entire month against non-playoff teams.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Cards only significant off-season move getting absolutely shelled by a AA lineup. Good thing our division is ass and we’ll still make the playoffs.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Eh, I'm not too worried about Matz. Yeah he had a bad game. But there's a ton of games in baseball. He could easily come in next game and throw a great game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
And our starting pitching hands it right back. It’s unacceptable that Mo didn’t address this obvious area of weakness. Just so satisfied with mediocrity. It’s infuriating. Army needs to be GM of the Cards.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
And our starting pitching hands it right back. It’s unacceptable that Mo didn’t address this obvious area of weakness. Just so satisfied with mediocrity. It’s infuriating. Army needs to be GM of the Cards.
The fact that O'Neill still doesn't have a contract for this year should explain everything about the Cards Ownership and Management group, especially when STL is a Baseball city to it's core. Stillman and Army are far and away the best Ownership/Management group in STLm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad