Other Hockey talk (NCAA, ECHL, AHL, KHL, etc.)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The former IIHF head Rene Fasel is hired to KHL. He will work in development and strategic work.

Even the Russian sports media is somewhat baffled about it.

Also I can't nowadays help but pronounce Fasel like Goldmember would.

edit/redaction:

Fasel denies the news of a KHL contract, says he hasn't, and won't:

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Did anyone else hear to story about the championship game for the Mason Cup (CCHA) between Minnesota State and Bemidji State? Apparently, Minnesota State scored in OT to win the game. They presented the trophy, team and fans celebrated, etc.. then almost an 55 minutes later, after most fans had left, reportedly players had showered, etc...the CCHA said they had another camera angle that showed it wasn't an allowable goal in OT, so they made the players get dressed again, have a 5 min. warm-up and start the OT again. Minnesota State won it a 2nd time though.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
^^^^^
That's wild....Sabre fans surely could have used a recall after the Brett Hull game winning goal in SC Final years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinJaBen

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Imagine winning such a game and being told "nope doesn't count, get back out there!".
At least they ended up winning. I feel bad for the Bemidji team getting another chance and still losing but can you imagine getting the trophy, celebrating, showering, getting your gear back on and going back out and losing? Good gravy

Reactions: geehaad

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
At least they ended up winning. I feel bad for the Bemidji team getting another chance and still losing but can you imagine getting the trophy, celebrating, showering, getting your gear back on and going back out and losing? Good gravy

My understanding is that Bemidji State had more riding on the game. Minnesota State was already going to the NCAA tournament, but Bemidji State need to win that game to get a bid over Northeaster.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
My understanding is that Bemidji State had more riding on the game. Minnesota State was already going to the NCAA tournament, but Bemidji State need to win that game to get a bid over Northeaster.

Oof even worse for them then. Just a crummy situation all around

Bad for Bemidji St., but can you imagine how Northeastern would have felt if Bemidji had won the re-play, costing Northeastern a bid?

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
jake kucharski hurt prior to the post season? i was hoping to watch him against michigan now that i'm home from work. dang, hate it for the kid.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Denver beat vaunted Michigan in OT. Rizzo had an assist

Minnesota st beat Minnesota 5-1.

Rizzo will play for the championship on Monday. Do we sign him on Tuesday?

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
rizzo got a dunk of a goal for the 3rd goal.

Minnesota St was 32-0 when leading after 2

Has a team won the natty while going 0-fer on the PP during the tournament?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad