HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
seems like leafs nation is coming to terms with Marner leaving. The best trade for the leafs would be Marner for Byfield and a 1st or Keller

As a side note, i feel like we were robbed of a pens vs rags series
They need defensive depth and cap relieve to fill those areas. Not more forwards.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Not to take anything away from Cale, he's amazing, but scoring is much different since he came in, and especially for defenders.
Scoring is up especially compared to a decade ago. Makar is only behind Carlson by 2 points who 60 more games played. Keith and Letang are ahead of him by 17 and 18 points with around 85 more games played. It isn't only catching but it is in how few games he is going to do it in

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
2021 draftee Hendrix Lapierre should be a player Hughes should try and land. He fits the mold of the type of player Hughes would want.

Reactions: stanley25

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So is Nucks winning good for our ‘peg pick?
You need as many teams that have less points than Winnipeg to go to the Conference Finals. We are picking 27th and we will pick 1 spot higher everytime Boston, Colorado, Oilers, Leafs, Preds, Kings, TB and Vegas goes to the Conference Finals. Out of those 8 teams, in the East, only 1 team betwen Boston, TB and Leafs have a chance to be a Conference Finalist. In the West, ONly 1 between Colorado and Vegas could be a Conference Finalist. While there's only 1 between Kings, Oilers and Preds that could be a Conference Finalist.

So if my extensive analysis is correct...lol, seems that the earliest we could pick is 24th....if EVERYTHING goes well.

In essence...all this to say...it makes no difference...lol.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
2021 draftee Hendrix Lapierre should be a player Hughes should try and land. He fits the mold of the type of player Hughes would want.
Caps are a bunch of old poops…I don’t think they can start trading their young guys (people always making Leonard trade suggestions too)

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I can't see Caps trading him. He's essentially their #1 center. He played well, though, as did McMichael.

Caps do have a lot of young players mixed in with Ovechkin, Oshie, Wilson & Carlson.

Lapierre, McMichael, Protas & Miroshnichenko up front. Fehervary, Sandin, Alexeyev, Iorio & Sandin on D.

They have Ryan Leonard & Ryan Chesley on the horizon.

They've done a much better job than Pittsburgh in moving veterans out & drafting young assets.

Reactions: Tyson and salbutera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad