HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I saw the crosscheck play that lead to Bennett scoring last game and I'm not sure if it was because it was in slow-mo, but it didn't look too bad, like Coyle shouldn't have fallen, but I think as he went forward he caught a part of Swayman and fell.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I saw the crosscheck play that lead to Bennett scoring last game and I'm not sure if it was because it was in slow-mo, but it didn't look too bad, like Coyle shouldn't have fallen, but I think as he went forward he caught a part of Swayman and fell.
The inconsistent officiating is what I don't like. A penalty in the 1st isn't a penalty in the 3rd.
Refs generally have gotten worse and worse.
Imagine NFL refs not calling holding calls in the 4th quarter?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm not surprised. Bergevin does have flaws but I do think he was better in the last 1/3 of his tenure than he was in the middle 1/3. Some of our best pieces comes from Bergevin (like it or not)... Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Roy.

The real question is has he learned from his mistakes.
He was stingy. He didn't get fleeced as he never gave up a lot, but that conservative approach really made him waste prices prime years because he was always overly cautious. He could make a decent team in CLB but I doubt they'd be a cup contender.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Case and point...they allow thuggery and then call a stupid penalty with an embellishment...
The rule book is out the window in the playoffs and that dictates how certain teams are forced to adjust in order to have success.

Reactions: Tyson

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If Bergevin comes back I wonder who he brings back between Michou and Dumb-Dumb. Or maybe both? :laugh:
that would be amazing.

welcome-to-the-dream-team-0bv9cp59vq2kb1c6.gif

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's just a bad challenge in my opinion. You could make a point about his stick touching Bob's skate...but enough?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If Maurice would have been wise, you don't call it. There's no way they go against Boston for something that close. And now, they could lead 3-1.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Dont think Fla should have counted and dont think that should either but NHL as always, the rules are pretty fluid depending on how hungry, or if the war room was fighting with ther wife, a late night, or if one had to pee badly.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
I need a gif of Jim Montgomery doing the back flip pretend flop for the dive by Luostarinen

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad