OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Picked up FFXV the other day, played for about 2 hours and I love it so far.

Anyone else get it?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Flying to Helsinki for a weekend in May. Will have 3 days to explore. Any recommendations for places to see, food and coffee?
Mogo or Aksu can probably guide better, I've only been there a handful of times. My oldest aunt lived in the capital area for a long time (pretty much her whole adult life, she's over 70 now), but she moved closer to here around a year ago, so the only purpose to visit there is gone now lol.

Are you staying 3 days in Helsinki and then move on to another country, or 3 days in Helsinki and back home? Stockholm and Kopenhagen have a lot to see too.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Picked up FFXV the other day, played for about 2 hours and I love it so far.

Anyone else get it?

I bought it for my GF and have been watching her play it. It's very good IMO. A bunch of monster hunting but a fun looking game overall. I'm happy her game came with the King's Glaive Movie. If we didn't watch that before hand I think the story would be pretty tough to understand fully.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Flying to Helsinki for a weekend in May. Will have 3 days to explore. Any recommendations for places to see, food and coffee?

Where are you staying? If you're near the downtown, there's many choices. Farang, Ragu and Olo are all great restaurants, although a bit expensive. Friends & Brgrs is great value of money, if you want a good hand made burger. Tons of coffee shops around there also, Strindberg cafe is one of the most famous.

If the weather is descent, you can go to Suomenlinna. From Kauppatori you can get there with a ferry in about ten minutes. Also plenty of museums (Kiasma, Ateneum, Kansallismuseo etc. just to name a few) but Suomenlinna is kind of a one big museum.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
To share a bit of positive news, I recently accepted a job at Plante Moran, an accounting firm in Chicago. I start in January and am pretty excited to move into the city!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Still rocking Madden 17 to bother playing/buying any other game.
That player editor in Franchise mode is great cause it allows for updated rosters mid season without restarting. And looks like you can update the draftee post draft if you care enough.

To share a bit of positive news, I recently accepted a job at Plante Moran, an accounting firm in Chicago. I start in January and am pretty excited to move into the city!

Congrats!

Never been to Chicago, but looks like a cool place to live.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

Congrats man. Chicago is an awesome city! My younger brother moved there for a job a few years ago and he now says that he'll never leave.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

IMO this may be the best game to movie yet.

Third trailer makes me now want to see it in theater.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL

Congrats man! You'll love it! (outside of the taxes and traffic).

If you're ever around the south side and see a lanky kid walking around with a Panthers hat, that's probably me! :laugh:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Where are you staying? If you're near the downtown, there's many choices. Farang, Ragu and Olo are all great restaurants, although a bit expensive. Friends & Brgrs is great value of money, if you want a good hand made burger. Tons of coffee shops around there also, Strindberg cafe is one of the most famous.

If the weather is descent, you can go to Suomenlinna. From Kauppatori you can get there with a ferry in about ten minutes. Also plenty of museums (Kiasma, Ateneum, Kansallismuseo etc. just to name a few) but Suomenlinna is kind of a one big museum.

I live 13km from downtown Helsinki and i've never heard of those places :laugh:

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
15284894_10154911361702859_4737324727805336590_n.jpg

So you're one of these people?

Naah, just kidding.. :D

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida

Friends & Brgrs is a young "cafe-ish" type place that has great burgers, similar to Naughty Burger. Btw, if you ever go to Naughty Burger, DO NOT get the bacon burger that has somekind of jello in it. Its horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad