Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign defenseman Uvis Balinskis to 1-year ELC (23-24)

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
One comment about Balinskis. When training camp started, it took a while before I heard anything about the guy and then he was skipped over the first couple of preseason games. When he did play, he showed some poise and willingness to jump on offense too. TBH, he’s taken me by surprise. In a good way. Great job by the scouts/Zito.

I think in the modern NHL, mobile Dmen with offensive instincts are the winning type at least in the regular season. But Balls seems to have some toughness to mix it up too, so I’ve got high hopes for him for playoffs too. He’s a bit like Monty in that respect.
I’ve really liked his game since his first couple for sure.
Could see him sign a 3/3.5M per year for three years with us…

OEL and Zito both talked about how WINNING is the only thing of interest for Oliver.

At this time of his career, being aware of his club situation (Montour and Forsling to extend), OEL strikes me as the anti-Giroux kind of guy… Meaning being willing to accept a lesser offer just to stay with us !
That’d be nice!

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
One comment about Balinskis. When training camp started, it took a while before I heard anything about the guy and then he was skipped over the first couple of preseason games. When he did play, he showed some poise and willingness to jump on offense too. TBH, he’s taken me by surprise. In a good way. Great job by the scouts/Zito.

I think in the modern NHL, mobile Dmen with offensive instincts are the winning type at least in the regular season. But Balls seems to have some toughness to mix it up too, so I’ve got high hopes for him for playoffs too. He’s a bit like Monty in that respect.
That is a great observation, I am of the same opinion, he is extremely agile along the line of Montour and Forsling, I think eventually, he will be a regular in the line up, the scouting has been terrific, we are well poised for many playoffs runs.

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
1way deal too. Doesn't protect him from getting buried to the AHL but nonetheless.
And I think the AHL is the perfect place for him right now.
My guess is he is having a big time culture shock this year coming over to North America.
He needs to play and then Charlotte. He'll get plenty of opportunity to do that.

At worst, this is a move that keep the goodwill flowing with the great country of Latvia. Panthers have had some success with players from this country over the years. This keeps the line of communication open and shows other players that Florida is willing to give them a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad