Confirmed with Link: Paul Maurice signs 3 year deal to be head coach of the Florida Panthers (update 3/3/2023 given vote of confidence by Bill Zito)

Would you have preferred Brunette return over hiring Maurice?

• yes, give him the chance to grow

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • no, Florida doesn't have time to see him through the growing pains

Votes: 67 66.3%

• Total voters

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
I think because some people like to receive internet cookies and feel good for being right about something instead of adding anything actually constructive to the conversation.
There's no crime in bringing up comments made by others that are related to current events. If you don't like that those comments show a deficiency in that posters talent assessment/knowledge/etc, that's another matter.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I agree. Our legimate window is 1-2 years. Thats why we cant take risk on teaching a coach to how to coach

While I wanted Trotz. I just like we got an experienced NHL coach
I'm going to make a note of this post, because this will be fun to come back to next year when you're making posts saying "Maurice is the woRst c0ach ever!, How is he even in the NHL!!"

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
I think because some people like to receive internet cookies and feel good for being right about something instead of adding anything actually constructive to the conversation.
? What are we solving on a message board? Are you implying that I post in a way that is in agreement with the opinions of others? Because that does not lend itself to a diversity of thought and thus will make this place unbelievably boring. And will never happen

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
There's no crime in bringing up comments made by others that are related to current events. If you don't like that those comments show a deficiency in that posters talent assessment/knowledge/etc, that's another matter.

Here's a cookie for being internet smart about hockey.

? What are we solving on a message board? Are you implying that I post in a way that is in agreement with the opinions of others? Because that does not lend itself to a diversity of thought and thus will make this place unbelievably boring. And will never happen

No I'm saying going back to bump old threads to specifically say how wrong people were adds nothing to a conversation. By all means disagree and argue over what we're talking about now.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Here's a cookie for being internet smart about hockey.
I'm sorry that you are angry that I used this site's search function.

No I'm saying going back to bump old threads to specifically say how wrong people were adds nothing to a conversation. By all means disagree and argue over what we're talking about now.
What we are talking about now? Well, we're all talking about Maurice. And the thread I bumped? Is about Maurice.

Reactions: scholl

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I'm going to make a note of this post, because this will be fun to come back to next year when you're making posts saying "Maurice is the woRst c0ach ever!, How is he even in the NHL!!"

Still agree we needed a experienced coach just we got the wrong one

Bruno most likely would got DUI here at some point too. You think that wouldnt hurt the team? I know you were a Bruno fanboy

It does look like our window will close after next season. We have nothing coming up the pipeline and Forsling+Montour will be UFA and will demand 5-6M$

Why does it feel like this bump is some old posters new account?

Dont have the balls to use there old username

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Still agree we needed a experienced coach just we got the wrong one

Bruno most likely would got DUI here at some point too. You think that wouldnt hurt the team? I know you were a Bruno fanboy

It does look like our window will close after next season. We have nothing coming up the pipeline and Forsling+Montour will be UFA and will demand 5-6M$

Dont have the balls to use there old username

I wouldn't say a fanboy. I was open to getting a more experienced coach. I would have preferred to have kept him rather than going for Maurice. I did not think Maurice was the answer.

Yeah, the DUI probably would not have been good publicity. Personally, it made me like him even more haha.

And just messing around with you. ;)

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I don't think Bruno was the guy but it still doesn't seem like Maurice is the guy either. Bruno's coaching was....not great during the playoffs. Verhaeghe and Bob carried this lifeless group into the 2nd round only to get swept. Powerplay never adapted and I know he can't play the games but there is an element of preparedness and adjustments that you expect to see from a coach. Lav's experience showed in round 1 and Cooper's showed in Round 2. Yes the Tampa series was much closer than a sweep but I saw enough in the Washington series to know about Brunette in that moment.

With that said, I was not huge on the Maurice hiring either. I thought it was interesting considering everything about him but I wasn't sure if it was the right move. I knew Bruno wasn't the guy to go with but I don't know how much research Zito actually put into hiring Maurice. I worry that he saw the chance to jump at a name and took it. He technically was the most high-profile coach after Q or Trotz and neither was available for different reasons. Whether or not that's true we'll likely never know. Zito said they had some great conversations during the interview process and obviously Maurice said the right things to sway Zito.

Zito isn't dumb though, he's done an admirable job with this team considering where they when Tallon was canned but all sports are a "what have you done for me lately" focused business, and lately Zito's moves have been a bit of a mixed bag. Unfortunately he's going to have to stick with Maurice for at least another season.

This year he iced him a pretty below average team that sometimes couldn't even have a full roster due to injuries and cap constraints brought on by Zito and cleaning Tallon's mess. Listen I get that Zito had to deal with Tallon's mess but so does every single GM that is hired by a team. The first thing they do is try and clean up the mess left for them, he's done a decent job in doing so, but as a result PoMo hasn't really had a fair shake all season as coach. You're going to have to give him one more year to see if he's actually a difference maker behind the bench.

Next year will be a big one. This year is all but stamped as a disappointment and a regression considering they've improved year over year since Zito took over. That will not happen this season and with only $11 Million in cap space to replace at least 5 rosters spots and no draft picks/minimal prospects to trade for established NHLers, this summer will be Zito's biggest test with the Florida Panthers.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Nobody's going to bring up criminal charges against you. People are, however, going to see that you signed up for a message board and immediately started trying to annoy and provoke the people who have posted there for years, and wonder why you would do that.

They might even come to some conclusions about you. :thumbu:

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Nobody's going to bring up criminal charges against you. People are, however, going to see that you signed up for a message board and immediately started trying to annoy and provoke the people who have posted there for years, and wonder why you would do that.

They might even come to some conclusions about you. :thumbu:
Immediately? I didn't join today. Been here for weeks. Again, I'm sorry you're mad that I used the site's search function.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

1677881801255.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ya think?

clearly meaningless
Lol....Yes, I do think. What, one loss to Nashville and now our playoff race is over? You roll over pretty easily.

Right, so being 6th all time in wins is meaningless, but what everyone loves to highlight here, that he is 1st all time in losses(only 33 more than Trotz) is supposed to have such ulitmate meaning? Nice double standard.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad