Injury Report: Petro to IR for knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
**** **** **** god ****ing damn it how many ****ing injuries we can get in one ****ing season.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well ****

Do we retool and trade our captain now?

With the craziness this board sees sometimes, I'm not sure if you're serious or not. It's only a 3-4 week injury, meaning he'll be back in Mid March at the latest. It's not like we're going to freefall out of the playoffs without him.

We don't stand a chance in the playoffs without Petro, but it seems like he should be back in more than enough time. No need to panic. We're comfortably in a playoff spot, and it could be beneficial to get Petro some rest before the playoffs anyway. He plays a ton of tough minutes.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Not a big loss. After all remember how he was just standing there at the blueline when the Wild scored their goal yesterday?!?

Reactions: Zamadoo

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Time for Shattenkirk and Parayko to learn what it's like to carry the cross for a bit. Should be a good learning experience for both of them.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
The thing that scares me is when he suffered his knee injury in the LA series a few years back he was nowhere near the same player, granted he did not take any time off for that one because it was the playoffs. Hopefully this just means DA won't be trading Shatty at the deadline and Parayko gers more minutes

ILLSTL217

Apr 16, 2015
With the craziness this board sees sometimes, I'm not sure if you're serious or not. It's only a 3-4 week injury, meaning he'll be back in Mid March at the latest. It's not like we're going to freefall out of the playoffs without him.

We don't stand a chance in the playoffs without Petro, but it seems like he should be back in more than enough time. No need to panic. We're comfortably in a playoff spot, and it could be beneficial to get Petro some rest before the playoffs anyway. He plays a ton of tough minutes.

It's reevaluate after 3 weeks. Could mean it's too swollen now and they can't do necessary tests until it down. If we find out it's worse in three weeks and he is out for the whole year then we don't have a chance in the playoffs without him.

If that's the case (worst case scenario), then get what you can for backes at the deadline while you can

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sucks but we still have a potential 1RD and 2RD waiting to take on their role.

Not many teams can say that when losing their #1

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Reaves, Bortuzzo and LIndbohm should play that game against Wild. Irritates me that f Wild group, Granlund, Koivu, Haula injury them, doesn't give a ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
Not a big loss. After all remember how he was just standing there at the blueline when the Wild scored their goal yesterday?!?

I can never tell who's serious and who's not anymore.

But it's definitely a big loss. Pietrangelo eats up tough minutes against other top lines with J-Bo. His dropping from the lineup puts a lot of pressure on J-bo, and whoever replaces Pietrangelo. Shatty's offensive output is definitely boosted by getting to play more favorable matchups with Petro taking the hard defensive matches.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I can never tell who's serious and who's not anymore.

But it's definitely a big loss. Pietrangelo eats up tough minutes against other top lines with J-Bo. His dropping from the lineup puts a lot of pressure on J-bo, and whoever replaces Pietrangelo. Shatty's offensive output is definitely boosted by getting to play more favorable matchups with Petro taking the hard defensive matches.

I'm not being serious that was somebody in the other thread's "creative" description of what happened

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
9T1kgIr.gif

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Time for Shattenkirk and Parayko to learn what it's like to carry the cross for a bit. Should be a good learning experience for both of them.

^^^This might be the silver lining. More minutes and attention for Parayko in particular.

Missed most of the game Saturday, can someone link a video?

Edit: Never mind, found it on the main boards.

Posted this on the main board but figure it's worth a repost here:

Admittedly I am wearing Blue tinted glasses, but I see a player lead with a knee and make contact solely with another players knee...

6xNBcVu.jpg

s6tCSqp.jpg

aVCrnmc.jpg

PbyEJzZ.jpg

ymD23HT.jpg

B4loNXC.jpg

It is also relevant to note that the game was 4-1 at this point with around 7 minutes left in the third.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yeah the hit itself was chicken-dookie, no defending that.

For all the crap the Blues still somehow get about being a physical team, it sure is interesting to me how many of our players have sat out this season due to questionable-at-best hits.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
^^^This might be the silver lining. More minutes and attention for Parayko in particular.

I'm going to have to disagree here. This is the point of the season where we needed to be looking to limit Parayko's minutes. He's now past his career high in games played, and there's still a significant amount of time left.

It's a moot point now, because we don't really have a choice though.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm going to have to disagree here. This is the point of the season where we needed to be looking to limit Parayko's minutes. He's now past his career high in games played, and there's still a significant amount of time left.
It's a moot point now, because we don't really have a choice though.

This I know. I threw the "might be" in my original post because Parayko has far surpassed every other expectation thus far. Either way, you are correct that it's a moot point.

On a side note: I am also aware that slowing down a play/hit frame by frame can make it look much worse than it was in reality and can be misleading. I wish there was another angle of the hit from across the ice so we can really judge whether Coyle fully went after Pietrangelo's knee/leg.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This I know. I threw the "might be" in my original post because Parayko has far surpassed every other expectation thus far. Either way, you are correct that it's a moot point.

On a side note: I am also aware that slowing down a play/hit frame by frame can make it look much worse than it was in reality and can be misleading. I wish there was another angle of the hit from across the ice so we can really judge whether Coyle fully went after Pietrangelo's knee/leg.

Agree on the slow motion and frame by frame making it look worse, but I gotta admit, even in real time I thought it was dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad