GDT: PHI @ CBJ || NWA || 7:00 PM || GM 77

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I see Nylander is working out great for you guys. Do you see him as a first line talent going forward? He's worth at least a qualifying offer, right?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Don’t want to jinx him but jets constant improvement year in and year out is really cool. Definitely put himself on the map that he wasn’t on probably 2-3 years ago.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not watching but just looked at the scoresheet. Fascinating that all our goals have been from our defense. What’s even more fascinating is Werenski’s goal is the teams 1st PP goal from the defense all year.

Werenski is what he is. He absolutely lacks intensity and his overall defense awareness isn’t on the same level as the “best” in the league. While he’s a good “two way defenseman”, his impact comes more from his offensive game. I think Severson and Gudbranson are both underrated. Like what both guys bring, although I really believe Severson is VERY similar to Werenski and brings some of the same negative qualities. Same with Bean, I think he’s a serviceable bottom pairing guy, though I’ve cooled on my “hype” of him being much more than that. I think all of Werenski/Severson and Bean should get looks on the PP, and I think Mateychuk should (and/or WILL) come into camp next year and possibly look like the best option out of everyone. Again, with our 2 “top prospects” on D who are joining the team or not, the build isn’t right. On D or at forward.

I don’t think Provorov is the right fit AT ALL and should be looked to be moved for a different style defenseman and I wholeheartedly believe Jiricek should be trade bait for a center or involved in some sort of “blockbuster” package for god knows who or what. Blankenburg is a good versatile #7 who can come in and is capable to fill in at different spots.

Pencilling in Sillinger as the 1C for next year is reminiscent of those who did that for Patty Laine, imo.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also good news: Cleveland wins and ends their skid. With help potentially on the way with Meyer (and maybe Brindley?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad