News: Phil Kessel working out with the Canucks

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
only problem I can see is that if Kessel doesnt keep up. There will be high pressure to keep dressing him because of his ironman streak. That * could * upset the dressing room?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
only problem I can see is that if Kessel doesnt keep up. There will be high pressure to keep dressing him because of his ironman streak. That * could * upset the dressing room?
He's on record saying he won't fight for the iron man streak which seems like a general acceptance he'll be in and out of the lineup

lawrence

May 19, 2012
How are the dogs in Vancouver?
We have a Costco across Roger’s arena.

His straight ahead speed is still faster than jt milller boeser and Most of the guys unless he’s really out of shape.

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
him having battled testicular cancer?? That has nothing to do with the guy's fitness / body shape :laugh:
084.png

You clearly have a uneducated view on the effects cancer, the treatment and the medications you need to take the rest of your life have on the human body.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
i thought the medicine he took makes him look bloated.. some kid i knew in third grade had the same thing happen.. was skinny kid, disappeared for a school year came back fat, always fat through high school.. Apparently it was the drugs..

i think thats why the other poster keeps bringing it up..
Oops my bad - fair enough then!

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Let him play , he was getting called fat when he was leading the Leafs physical combines lol.

He's gonna look like a fat kid having an asthma attack even in his prime .

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
So no different from what he looked like over his career? Again; Maybe we shouldn't discredit someone who battled testicular cancer based on not looking like what you think an athlete should look like when he's proven those people wrong his entire career.
What makes you think surviving testicular cancer is going to make a person appear overweight? It seems like nonsense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad