Pre-WWII 2023 - Draft Thread I

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Ottawa gets things started on the blue line by taking another native, one that won two Cups with the team: King Clancy.

d3e91c9626c7090f713a84efbe4a18e9.jpg

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
First pick inspired by the Pre-Merger Project and bringing its philosophy into draft ranking. I love it. Bowie is usually considered tricky to build around, but this is in the ATD and before the Pre-Merger project. Looking forward to see you build around him as a true #1 center.

Hopefully the first of many picks inspired by the Pre-Merger Project.
I'm hoping we get lots of Pre-Merger-inspired picks. It was a great research project and there were lots of guys that really got highlighted as all-time risers.

If nothing else, a shakeup of existing ATD trends because of the new research.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
As Lalonde's stock has cooled in recent years, I may have to fend off arguments from others who may claim they got an equal or better center in subsequent picks. There is no such risk with my starting goalie, Georges Vezina. Happy to get the best goaltender in the draft.

Great pick.

I think Lalonde's stock is due to heat up again. I thought he was underrated in the last few years.

The Halifax Crescents select Earl Seibert. We like playing great skaters alongside other great skaters, and Seibert should have no problem covering back for Cyclone's electric rushes (and vice versa).

Also as far as I know, Seibert can play both sides, which comes in handy when selecting his partner.

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Can someone explain the clock to me? People have up to 24 hours to make their pick? Do we skip people if they don't make a pick in time?
Now that we're in the second round, it's twelve hours to pick. If someone doesn't pick in time, yes, they can be skipped. If you get skipped, and your pick comes up again (which can be important if you pick back to back or close to it), you're automatically skipped until you make up the missed pick(s).

Reactions: jigglysquishy

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Although since it's a small draft, we're gonna try to be understanding if someone gets on the clock at like Midnight and he hasn't picked by the morning. That's up to the next GM in line though to extend this courtesy.

As far as I know we're all in North America, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Professor What

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Although since it's a small draft, we're gonna try to be understandable if someone gets on the clock at like Midnight and he hasn't picked by the morning. That's up to the next GM in line though to extend this courtesy.

As far as I know we're all in North America, but I could be wrong.
Also worth noting that if you know your pick is coming up and someone else says they're going to be up, you can send a list to someone to announce the pick for you if you're worried about being skipped.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sorry fellas, I’m at work. Give me a bit to catch up and consider my options. Pick should be made within the hour.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I suppose I’ll jump on the D train and ensure I have a solid #1. One of these days I’ll have a chance to draft Sprague Cleghorn.

Frank Nighbor and the Portage Lakes Hockey Club are happy to welcome Aubrey “Dit” Clapper, D/RW

View attachment 765172

Clapper is a good consolation price for Cleghorn. Not as aggressive but just as tough. Can play both sides.

Reactions: Habsfan18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad