Preds 2023-24 predictions

Preds 2023-24 Predictions

• Worst case scenario, blow up team as much as you can at TD

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • We might make the playoffs, don't dump anybody just yet (widely miss playoffs)

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Almost make playoffs, your season tickets were worth it

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Make playoffs, bounced first round

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Bounced second round

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I can't believe we made it this far

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I am willing to cling to a little bit of hope that maybe everything will go right and Brunette and Trotz have found the magic, along with all the youthful enthusiasm, and all the great new leadership... and how bad many of the other teams in our Conference might be... that we could sneak into a playoff spot. That is what I am hoping for, anyway. So I voted for the 2nd option.

But I don't really have any illusions about the likelihood of it all working out that well in reality. We have a $66M payroll under an $83.5M Cap. It should take a bit of a miracle to succeed under that constraint. If we do, great. Bonus! If not... I think there is a broader context for judging the success of the season. It will be good to see exciting hockey, good to see progress from young players, all that good stuff. Where we finish in the standings almost doesn't matter at all...

Reactions: hido

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Such a hard year to guess. Looks like Winnipeg isnt going to blow it up which was part od my earlier optimism about making the playoffs. I think we will miss the playoffs but there is a chance we can make it if everything bounces in our favor.

Deadline UFAs:
Barrie
Carrier
Trenin
Novak
Sherwood
Smith
McCarron
Lankinen
Gurianov
Jankowski
Gravel
Gross
McKeown
Grosenick

Should be able to get something good for Novak (if management decides not to keep him). Im not sure about going that route as he is our most offensively gifted youngish Center at this point

Something decent for Carrier, Barrie, Trenin, and Lankinen

Maybe a late round for sherwood or smith

Rest probably nothing.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I went with might make the playoffs. I will add that I would definitely look to move a couple of players at the TD though. Need to move a couple of D and possibly a forward. Not sure which ones exactly at the current moment but I’m sure that’ll work itself out over the next 30 games or so.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
My three bold takes:

Pärssinen will be the clear-cut 1C by the end of the year.

Glass won't have what it takes, and regresses to a degree.

Saros is traded at the TDL to LA for Byfield/Clarke + something little.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Such a hard year to guess. Looks like Winnipeg isnt going to blow it up which was part od my earlier optimism about making the playoffs. I think we will miss the playoffs but there is a chance we can make it if everything bounces in our favor.

Deadline UFAs:
Barrie
Carrier
Trenin
Novak
Sherwood
Smith
McCarron
Lankinen
Gurianov
Jankowski
Gravel
Gross
McKeown
Grosenick

Should be able to get something good for Novak (if management decides not to keep him). Im not sure about going that route as he is our most offensively gifted youngish Center at this point

Something decent for Carrier, Barrie, Trenin, and Lankinen

Maybe a late round for sherwood or smith

Rest probably nothing.
I hope we sign Novak long term.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Preds most likely miss the playoffs as we sit here today, but I have no idea what the basement and ceiling looks like for this year's team. I do know without Lizard Man coaching towards mediocrity and without certain players that showed recently that's about all they were capable of as well, there will definitely be surprises this season. Good. That's what makes sports interesting.

Reactions: hido

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
We will be about where we were last year, assuming no major injuries.
The interesting part to me is we had so many major injuries last year, but somehow got better when they happened. It makes health a real wild card for me this year. In theory a healthy team does better than our performance last year, but I have a hard time believing that holds up.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Here is a question.

Fabbro: Is he on the team at the end of the season?
It's going to be interesting for sure. It still makes the Schenn pick up weird. I think Schenn is a bottom pairing guy.

I think Livingstone and Stastney are cheaper than Fabbro, Carrier and Lauzon, while at worst being as good as hockey players. I think Lauzon is actually the worst of that group. So I could see all 3 of those guys or even Barrie and 2 of the others shipped out at the deadline.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Here is a question.

I think so. Mostly because if he goes through 2 full seasons of this sidelining, nobody else out there is going to want him either. And as a retainable RFA asset, I don't see any point in losing him for almost nothing.

I would also submit that even though I have not been a Carrier fan, I like the way he is playing so far. Very small sample. Too small. But I wouldn't automatically say "dump Carrier, keep Fabbro". I have always liked Fabbro more. But bottom line, if we're not going to use him, for whatever reason - I have given up even trying to imagine the reason - then there's kind of not that much point in just keeping him around. He should do everything in his power to force his way out at this point... file for arbitration, ask for the moon, etc.

But it's 1 game in. For all I know Fabbro will go on to play the next 81 and re-establish his 2021 value when we thought he'd be on a 4x$4M deal now instead of a 1x$2.5M show-me special. Lots of time for things to play out, it's definitely not a situation that we need to rush.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
We also will have injuries to defensemen as the year goes on. He'll get his chance to play. Agreed that we have a chance to move at least one D (Barrie/Carrier/Fabbro/Lauzon) at the deadline. I would, at this point, flip Barrie (playing great, pending UFA, will get us value back) and Lauzon.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
As things sit today Fabbro gets moved imo. Honestly after the years of Hynes and now being on the bench, I'm surprised he hasn't requested a trade.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Well we know that McD, Carrier and either Lauzon/Schenn will be injured some during the season so Fabbro, Livingstone and Stastney will be called up. How long they stay and play is the unknown. They just need to be ready for the call!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Here is a question.

1697064663973.png

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Parssinen and Novak are going to be really good.

I think once Evangelista puts it all together, he's going to be good.

I'm still not sold on Glass or Tomasino.

Fabbro should be starting. Not sure who I'd take out but Schenn is going to break our hearts way too much this year with his lack of speed. I worry about Carrier and his durability unless he learns to play smarter when he's physical. If he doesn't, he'll be on IR a bunch.

I don't think it will be long before Kemell is called up if he gets off to a hot start. Can't have too many offensive blackholes in a lineup like this and we have a couple that will never get going.

I wish we'd move Saros and get some sort of haul for him. Maybe we finally get a pick in the top 5 that's worth something. Even if Askarov isn't elite, he just needs to stop the pucks that a goalie should stop.

All that to say, I have no opinion until I have a larger sample size of where Evangelista, Glass and Tomasino are headed. I'll give one, no playoffs this year and we blow it up even more.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad