Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Blows 4/4 7pm The Nobody Wants to Start a GDT Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Has for a few games. Time to simplify the game ... leave the zone en masse .... not more than one guy making a break down ice .... not leaving the guys back in the defensive zone many options and when the pressure comes, it goes bad.
This is a huge issue with the breakouts. Yes, you want to get up ice but there can't be 4 players at or beyond the blueline when 1 guy is trying to get out from behind the net.

Problem in the Ozone is not reading the play, moving their feet early to get into position then control the play. Compared to 10 games ago, they look exhausted.

Through the Nzone the gaps aren't tight or aggressive enough. This could be because of the point I made above about the forecheck but if you put the two issues together you get a shot against per minute.

Top line still bleeding chances and possession 5 on 5.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
This is a huge issue with the breakouts. Yes, you want to get up ice but there can't be 4 players at or beyond the blueline when 1 guy is trying to get out from behind the net.

Problem in the Ozone is not reading the play, moving their feet early to get into position then control the play. Compared to 10 games ago, they look exhausted.

Through the Nzone the gaps aren't tight or aggressive enough. This could be because of the point I made above about the forecheck but if you put the two issues together you get a shot against per minute.

Top line still bleeding chances and possession 5 on 5.
Keeping it simple ... understand the situation and act accordingly. If they all fall back defensively, attack. If there is pressure, support. No matter what, don't force it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
At first glance, that didn't really seem like a board, or a targeting the head, or an interference, and would have been a nothing burger if the Blues player hadn't started stumbling over.

Edit: Ok, I guess he does hit him in the head, but that's pretty harsh on Schenn considering Kyrou's stumbling.

Edit 2: That's not a f***ing board though.

Reactions: bdub24

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
This crap of refs calling an unspecified major to then review has to end. Raise your arm then make a specific call. If your call is found to be wrong, it is either downgraded for that specific offense or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad