GWT: Premiere League Round 9

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Once again Herrera comes up with a goal and assist after getting the start.

I'm sure Van Gaal's reward would be to bench him next game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Impressive win for United.

That deceptive speed form Martial and even Smalling. :amazed: If the latter had a bit more confidence/skill on his feet, he could make box-to-box runs easily.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Once again Herrera comes up with a goal and assist after getting the start.

I'm sure Van Gaal's reward would be to bench him next game.

But but but... he's rotating him.

He's come up in the Barça papers. Not sure if that improves his situation when everyone is healthy much less if I buy it, but would welcome him to the team. Underrated player, even on this forum.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But but but... he's rotating him.

He's come up in the Barça papers. Not sure if that improves his situation when everyone is healthy much less if I buy it, but would welcome him to the team. Underrated player, even on this forum.

Oh ye of little-to-no knowledge:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ester-united-press-conference-rooney-10273009

However, Van Gaal said Herrera, who has missed the last two games, and Rojo, who hasn't played since the 3-2 win over Southampton last month, are not yet ready to play 90 minutes.

Van Gaal said: "Wayne Rooney, I think he can play and Michael Carrick can play as well.

"I was very pleased with Jones. He has already played for me two times for 15 or 20 minutes. Then he plays for the England team. When I want to select him I can select him for the line-up."

On Herrera and Rojo, he added: "They were injured and they have a rehabilitation period behind their back and everything went well.

"They are also fit to play, maybe not 90 minutes but you never know."

Herrera didn't play 90 minutes today, Fellaini came on for him (I forget the minute). He did look a little gassed before it as well.

But you go ahead and keep reading those Barcelona papers, I'm sure they know more about United than Manchester media...

Edit: here's Herrera's injury history with United: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/4246/ander_herrera_injury.html

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Origi could be an amazing player with some confidence. Has loads of skill but doesn't seem confident enough to run at people and use it. Also found it interesting that even with Origi we had a better forward up top this year than last when Sturridge was out. Have to wonder how things turned out like that last season.

The 0-0 result was good as it's another hurdle cleared that won't have to be done on the reverse end of the schedule. All those big games will be at home.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Origi could be an amazing player with some confidence. Has loads of skill but doesn't seem confident enough to run at people and use it. Also found it interesting that even with Origi we had a better forward up top this year than last when Sturridge was out. Have to wonder how things turned out like that last season.

The 0-0 result was good as it's another hurdle cleared that won't have to be done on the reverse end of the schedule. All those big games will be at home.

Origi dos better than I thought. Not bad for 4th choice.

His finishing obviously needs work but he has very good feet and pressed well too.

bam09

Jan 19, 2008

It's important LFC fans remember this. By early November, we will have played 6 of the most difficult away matches in Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United, Everton, and Spurs. If we do well enough up through that City game, there is every chance we can get some wind in our sails and go on a run after that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Oh ye of little-to-no clue. He's been in the team five different matches where he either came in off the bench or didn't even play. That's out of fourteen matches and he wasn't even in the team for all of those fourteen matches. So he's basically starting about 50% of the time.

Herrera didn't play 90 minutes today, Fellaini came on for him (I forget the minute). He did look a little gassed before it as well.

That's great. Doesn't change anything as far as what I'm saying. In fact it's laughable you even mentioned, though not surprising.

But you go ahead and keep reading those Barcelona papers, I'm sure they know more about United than Manchester media...

Oh ye of little-to-no reading comprehension. I said "if I buy it." Again, laughable comment, but not surprise.

More meaningless information as regards my post.

To further illustrate the point:

Seems to be a topic amongst supporters. It's all despite the player's willingness to play anywhere. Of course this says a lot, but I'm sure you know more than van Gaal himself and the Manchester media quoting him.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
interesting game today

fabregas had his best game of the season

no ivanovic - baba played awful the first 50 minutes, but just because he's fast, he's already 10x more useful than ivanovic lol. settled in as game went on.

no hazard - right decision, he had been god awful this season. willian has suddenly turned into neymar. it won't last, because willian has never been able to be a consistent offensive player, but mgiht as well ride it until willian goes back to being a useless attacker.

loftus cheek wasted his chance today. was pretty useless, even tohugh he was out of pos

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
interesting game today

fabregas had his best game of the season

no ivanovic - baba played awful the first 50 minutes, but just because he's fast, he's already 10x more useful than ivanovic lol. settled in as game went on.

no hazard - right decision, he had been god awful this season. willian has suddenly turned into neymar. it won't last, because willian has never been able to be a consistent offensive player, but mgiht as well ride it until willian goes back to being a useless attacker.

loftus cheek wasted his chance today. was pretty useless, even tohugh he was out of pos

Say goodbye to Hazard Chelsea fans.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Let's play another round of, 'You Are the Mid-Table Mediocrity-Level Manager'.

You've equalled a club record worst-ever EPL start. You face Norwich at home, sunderland away the week after.

In order to inspire the rabble, do you:

a) stick out your chest and growl, 'we've had the international break to regroup, we showed signs of life against Chelsea and City. We feel the team's slowly improving. And in three visits to Wearside as Boro manager, I won every time. Bring 'em on motherf***er?'

b) or do you babble, 'judge me on 38 games, even though I said judge me on 10 games in August. If we reach 40 points we'll have a party, even though 87 points remain available. It'll take three transfer windows (ie eighteen months) to turn the club around. Ooooooooooh mother, I think I've wet myself.'

Steve McClaren has chosen b). I don't think it's the wisest option, but as long as Mitrovic and Perez start up front, they may be able to bail out the ginger one.

But even if NUFC win today, spare a thought for the SJP cleaner who has to mop up after McClaren every time he pisses himself in public.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh ye of little-to-no clue. He's been in the team five different matches where he either came in off the bench or didn't even play. That's out of fourteen matches and he wasn't even in the team for all of those fourteen matches. So he's basically starting about 50% of the time.

To further illustrate the point:

Seems to be a topic amongst supporters. It's all despite the player's willingness to play anywhere. Of course this says a lot, but I'm sure you know more than van Gaal himself and the Manchester media quoting him.

You're still clueless what rotation means. United have used several midfield formations this season, depending on fitness of players and tactical plan. Bringing up United fans comments online is rather useless as for example on th biggst Finnish footie messsageboard, many don't botehr to check the Physio Room or read media reports whether a player is even fit when asking for more playing time. One idiot non-United fan even asked there why Shaw wasn't playing a few weeks ago. :facepalm: Said he didn't follow United's matches that much so he had no idea he had a broken leg. That's just one example of how ignorant fans online can be.

Herrera's weakness is his defensive side and physcial play, he simply doesn't fit against every type of opposition RIGHT NOW. Last season he was guilty of ball watching several times when United got scored on. LVG saying he can drop him means exactly that, if he doesn't suit the opponent, there's no use of playing him. His fitness level is also highly relevant in the matter of playing time.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Say goodbye to Hazard Chelsea fans.

Again I pose the question - where does he go? He doesn't want to go Ligue 1. Atletico wouldn't be able to pay his salary, neither would Juve. I don't see him switching to a premier league team. If he values starting I don't think he'll go to real. If he wants to be the 4th man super sub at barcelona he could go there.

I still think Bayern is the only place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad