Salary Cap: Qualifying Offers (deadline July 11 @ 5 PM EST)

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
Kaut and Ranta were drafted in 2018. If they're not ready this year, will they ever be ready?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If Lehkonen's comparables are worth 4.5m to an arbitrator, wouldn't that imply that he, too, is worth that? The guy just had a brilliant playoff run and is likely to play in our top six next year, how could you reasonably expect him to take less money than JT Compher as an RFA?

I'd personally rather keep Lehk around than any of Burakovsky, Kadri, or Manson. At least two of those guys are going to get back breaker contracts on Wednesday that the Avs cannot afford. Lehkonen is a perfect fit for Bednar's system as a workaholic, two-way, forechecking winger, he's behind only Nuke as far as must-keep players on this roster.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Looking at comparables to Lehkonen (RFA at signing, 0.45-0.55 p/gp forward)...there are three that made over $4.5M last year....Max Domi, Josh Anderson and William Karlsson. And only two more that were $4M - $4.5M: Victor Rask and Anthony Beauvillier. The other 17 made $750k - $3.675M. I could very much see him get the JTC contract or a bit higher.

There are some interesting players that weren't qualified, some much like NAK, who would get above market via QO, but could resign with current team at a lower salary. Some seem like dumb moves...like not qualifying Rem Pitlick who had 37 points in 67 games for under a million. But I may be missing something on that one. Ondrej Kase is another one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad