Quick and Bernier

Mr Shanahan

Jul 11, 2007
Toronto
Leaf fan here, I was just curious as to how much you guys think the Kings will play Bernier in this shortened season. Quick was obviously stellar last year and in such a short year could probably handle a workload of 43+ games..

Do you think they'll let him see all of that action or will Bernier help him out a bit more than I think?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
In a truncated season, I could see something like a 35-13 game split between Quick and Bernier. If they want to give Quick more rests, 30-18 split. Quick being the workhorse that he is, I'm thinking you'd see him get closer to 40 starts than 30 starts.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Seems to be that Lombardi is trying to fulfill Bernier's trade request, so there's a good chance Bernier will get a starting position elsewhere.

If he does stay, then I guess he'd get between 10 and 12 games. Fatigue plays big in a shortened season, so Quick may get a little more rest this time.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I'd say Quick gets around 35 games. Sutter tends to lean on his #1 goaltender pretty heavily.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I imagine 35-38 starts would be a good bet. A lot will likely depend on the situation, if the Kings have to dig themselves out of a hole in late march and april like last year, you might be right. But if they're solidly holding a playoff spot, we could see more Bernier down the stretch.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Bernier will get 6 starts and then is gone at the deadline.

Unless one of the goalies in Manchester heats up, I don't think Bernier will be dealt. You really need that good backup in this truncated schedule. Also, you never know whats going to happen when playoffs start. Quick just had surgery in August and may be susceptible to injuries.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
I don't think any player on the teams career was hurt more then Bernier. Guy would have had 30+ games in the NHL this season with Quick on IR.

This was the season to prove he could be a starter and maybe work a trade for a long-term position. Now he's back to the normal. Guy with talent but who hasn't gotten a chance to show it and isn't going to get it this season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad