GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Stage 3 means that this season's earlier assistance was round 2 (at least as some players have stage 1 multiple times... Chucky being one).

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Look on the bright side, if we somehow win this year (extremely unlikely, yeah), we will do so while under the cap, even if Landy comes back, and therefore we can continue to pretend to hold the moral high ground

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
Time to go ahead and move on from Nuke. Can’t be trusted. I’m hoping there’s a way out of his contract without any dead money needing to be paid or at least impact the cap.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Man, this is tough news. He is a huge part of our lineup but also he must still be really struggling to relapse again. Hope he is ok but gotta think hes not long here...

Reactions: The Moops

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
If he's out for the issues again... it has to be bad. This is a huge if, but this would merit a termination. Let the dust settle, but you can't have Nuke out for off the ice issues constantly. No matter how good he is.
Do the Avs have the right to terminate the contract? Judging by the press release about the Player Assistance program, this seems to be a collectively bargained aspect, no? If (and it's a huge if knowing how addiction works) Val gets through the six months of the Player Assistance program in good standing, wouldn't the original team need to continue to honor the contract?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Remember when all of the Russian media was saying no drugs and that Nuke doesn't even drink! :laugh:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I wonder if Nuke can appeal the decision. And claim it was a false positive. Although if he's already suspended, one would think they already tested him twice, right?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Do the Avs have the right to terminate the contract? Judging by the press release about the Player Assistance program, this seems to be a collectively bargained aspect, no? If (and it's a huge if knowing how addiction works) Val gets through the six months of the Player Assistance program in good standing, wouldn't the original team need to continue to honor the contract?
They do have the right as even if he's in assistance, drug use is a part of the moral clauses in the contract.... but what will happen is the NHLPA will appeal and then a settlement will be worked out. Avs will pay less and take some cap hit... but what would be is TBD and upto a mediator.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I don’t see the Avs winning a cup without another top-6 forward.

Keep playing for the pride of the sweater though. I’ll support the players who continue to work hard and conduct themselves with integrity.

Reactions: Mules

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad