GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
This is terrible news for this team. Val was invaluable to us.

But also terrible news for Val. Addiction is a disease and I feel for him. I hope this round of the assistance program gets him back on his feet. I imagine his time with us is done but I hope for his sake his career doesn't end here.
Such a f***ing warrior who just couldn't get his addiction in check. I wish him all the best and nothing but love.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Nuke the player might be one of my favourite players ever to watch. That size, skill, power and effort all over the ice is just something you don't get to see very often.

But...

There is no way he can be back after hurting the team like this multiple times. This is a pretty big buzz kill yet again for the players and fans and they deserve more than that after sticking with him after everything. Hope he gets the help he needs, but he cant ever put on the Avs sweater again.

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
are we all assuming the avs will pout? or will they put up a fight tonight?
This is a good question - I think they'll fight it out; Being broadly pissed about the whole thing like most of the boards are, hopefully sparks somethings. Hope Girard keeps it clean - he's been good D lately.

Reactions: Avaholic19

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Out of Ideas.gif

-Jared Bednar's pre-game speech probably.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Drugs doesn't have to mean that kind of drugs. Could be HGH or Vitamin S.
It isn't exactly a state secret of what drug this is... but player's assistance isn't for HGH. That would be a PED suspension. Different process. This is a relapse event of the recreational sort.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The question now is what do you do with Val? 2nd year in a row he lets his team down. I mean on a personal level, if he has a drug addiction disease, hopefully he will eventually get the help he needs and get off drugs for good, but how do you rely on him going forward?

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Nuke the player might be one of my favourite players ever to watch. That size, skill, power and effort all over the ice is just something you don't get to see very often.

But...

There is no way he can be back after hurting the team like this multiple times. This is a pretty big buzz kill yet again for the players and fans and they deserve more than that after sticking with him after everything. Hope he gets the help he needs, but he cant ever put on the Avs sweater again.
Well...if they terminate his contract we may be able to afford drouin... sadge because Val is actually a monster when he's on his game.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Maybe Nuke just had a natural high from tying the NHL record for consecutive games with a goal to start the playoffs?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I wish I could hit the high road like some of ya'll are, but after two post-seasons of this shit and already getting a shot to work through it this season. I am so f***ing done with this guy. I hope he never plays another game in an Avalanche sweater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad