GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Why couldn't he do this before trade deadline? We could have traded for a player, if we knew he is out of "business"

He f***s us second time in a row in the most crucial time. :(

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
We can’t get rid of Nuke tho he’s gonna get sober and end up a monster on another team

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I’m sorry, but I don’t feel ‘sorry’ for Val.

f*** sakes. He’s already had his chance. This is the second time he’s derailed a playoff run. Selfish. Plain and simple.

The Avs did everything in their power to protect this guy from punishment. Likely helping him avoid fines and maybe jail time. They gave him the help he needed and he f***ing threw it right back in their face.

Good riddance. I’m sure he’ll look brilliant for 30 or so games in his next stop before he does something stupid again.

No sympathy here either. Addiction sucks but you're a professional athlete making millions of dollars playing a team sport. If you can't get it the f*** together for a few weeks between piss tests, or wait until the off season then he doesn't belong in a position that puts him as a detriment to the rest of the team.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
It actually might for them as well. Honestly, a hit like this might bring the rest together.
I just don't see it unless Dallas also loses a star player somehow. We needed Nuke's big frame for dirty goals. We have no one else like that except.... Landy....

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We can be pissed off all we want and this will hurt the Avs for sure, but if the guy is really dealing with an addiction, all you can do is hope he gets help and beats it. Addiction is not an easy thing to over come

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
We can be pissed off all we want and this will hurt the Avs for sure, but if the guy is really dealing with an addiction, all you can do is hope he gets help and beats it. Addiction is not an easy thing to over come
Of course true, but we are talking about the team. He can continue being on LTIR or whatever and get help, but I don't think the team can rely on him anymore. Sad but true.

I truly hope he beats his demons. He is unbelievable hockey player.

Reactions: the_fan

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Really sucks the wind out of the sails for the rest of the run.

I wish they would come out and just terminate the guy immediately and allow the team to move on from this shit.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Why couldn't he do this before trade deadline? We could have traded for a player, if we knew he is out of "business"

He f***s us second time in a row in the most crucial time. :(
Problem is there just aren't players like Nuke in the league. I guess we could have gone after Guentzel and burn through the rest of our draft capital?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
He's signed for 6 more years. He's not going anywhere man. Hopefully he gets sober and gets back to the team
I'm not talking about a buy-out. Contract termination will set us free of his contract. The team just needs a good enough reason to terminate the contract. Saying that Nuke broke the contract by getting suspended for drug use would probably be good enough.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Of course true, but we are talking about the team. He can continue being on LTIR or whatever and get help, but I don't think the team can rely on him anymore. Sad but true.

I truly hope he beats his demons. He is unbelievable hockey player.
Yup, I agree. Not sure how you give him another chance next season without knowing for sure that he’s all better and it won’t happen again. It’s a tough situation

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Problem is there just aren't players like Nuke in the league. I guess we could have gone after Guentzel and burn through the rest of our draft capital?

Better than throwing the year away and maybe we could have kept Guentzel long-term?

Yup, I agree. Not sure how you give him another chance next season without knowing for sure that he’s all better and it won’t happen again. It’s a tough situation
Yeah, usually this happens when player has already dipped in performance, but Nuke is freaking beast still, but HOW LONG? We know players start to show their age more 28+, especially players with substance problems.. Nuke is around that age. His habits will catch up to him soon.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad