GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There was a period during the trade deadline where I believed this roster was going to be better than 22. Man I feel foolish.

Literally a week ago, this team had that 2022 look.

Quite frankly I really think they win tonight if the Nuke bomb didn't drop. I really think people underestimate how ridiculously important he was to our success, and also how huge of an impact that kind of news has on the team.

Its also why I dont get the people blaming Bednar for this one. Dude likely found out ~4-5 hours before the game that Nuke was no longer available and then found out an hour or so before that Toews wasn't either. You really just cant come back from that kind of breakdown.

Maybe if Landy was actually playing, that kind of leadership could have dragged the others into the fight. But ya without Landy this was clearly the only possible result.

I think they'll actually look better in Dallas on Wednesday, but I still expect a loss and the series to be over in 5 games.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The players played like shit, but I still maintain that Bednar owns some of this as well. He wants to talk about his top players being “stubborn”? Well what do you call a coach who doesn’t care to line match and get his top offensive players away from a D-pairing that had only allowed something like 1 goal against (Mikko’s in G3) in the 80+ minutes he’s gone up against MacKinnon & Eichel?

Reactions: Golden Foppa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad