GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The shitty thing is that George has given the team the opportunity to win and they’ve just gently coasted towards defeat.
How and what they have been conditioned (taught) to play is not working against Dallas.

And they don't know what else to do. This is where you need a coach who can adjust to new conditions on the fly.

Bednar is NOT that guy.

And these guys know it. Hence they know they are ef'd.

Reactions: Zolik37 and katfude

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He’s not a fit for this team. He struggles with long distance screened shots and the Avs’ system give a lot of space up top. I rather have a slow bigger goalie that can make those saves.
I hope he leaves but mainly because I'm sick of people using him as an excuse when the team just plain sucks like tonight or the defense is shit

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Littleton, CO
The good news is, maybe now I can book my trip to Europe for June.
I always hold off on plans this time of year. It definitely looks like the rest of our May and June is freed up.

After the way they pulverized Winnipeg and then stunned Dallas in game 1 I was convinced they were going on a deep run. What a difference 6 days makes...

Reactions: drhiii

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I hope he leaves but mainly because I'm sick of people using him as an excuse when the team just plain sucks like tonight or the defense is shit
I mean he was fine. I’m not blaming him but he doesn’t have the ability to steal a game. There’s no Craig Anderson game 3.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Aaa..
So they lose 4-1 instead of 5-1. He was the one who kept them in it halfway through but the team didn't even bother until it was out of reach.
Are you saying them getting further demoralized doesn't matter? Letting in a softie every game is okay? He's not the major problem, but trying to act like he's not a problem isn't going to win us shit. Everyone on this team needs to look in the mirror and turn on the coach.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm ready to ditch Rantanen first, just nothing from him all playoffs outside of one game. I'd welcome Nuke back before keeping the guy whose gonna want 12+ mil on his next contract.
Nah absolutely not. Pathetic performance from Rantanen, but at least one guy isn't a degenerate who has been kicked off his team in back to back playoff runs. I'll be sorely disappointed if I ever see Nuke in an Avs jersey again.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I didn't get to watch tonight, but after the nuke news I'm glad I didn't. It's just deflating as a fan to see someone so vital to our success screw everyone over and nuking our best chances at winning one more with this core. It was a shit feeling last year, but stings more when our team had a bit better balance this year.

I really did think we could go far, just needed to hold on until Drouin and maybe Landy could lace up. I try to remain positive and have just gone with the flow since we last won the cup, but man at this point its never ending shit that happens with this team. We really did make a sacrifice to the hockey God's to win it all and now we are all paying for it.

Reactions: Bensch88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad