RD Adam Jiříček - HC Plzen, Czechia (2024 Draft)

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
It seems almost like Adam Jiricek plays more like Simon Nemec than he does like David Jiricek. Similarly sized. Adam with a better shot than Nemec but less razzle dazzle?
Adam doesn't really have a great shot yet, he usually elects to pass. But I've never viewed Nemec as much of a dangler. He plays a very subtle, high-IQ game, without the need for extended puck possesion. He's always in the right spot positionally to create offense with smart passing and he's excellent at activating for counterattacks as the 4th forward.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Love all the talk... David excites me. Adam excited me. It's been a decade since we had 2 exciting prospects and we actually have about 5 or so of them!

Svozil, Spacek, jiricek x 2 at a minimum seem NHL quality. ... Few more I think make it. I expect Hronek to have a good season too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Adam doesn't really have a great shot yet, he usually elects to pass. But I've never viewed Nemec as much of a dangler. He plays a very subtle, high-IQ game, without the need for extended puck possesion. He's always in the right spot positionally to create offense with smart passing and he's excellent at activating for counterattacks as the 4th forward.
He had a bunch of goals last year though? Meanwhile, Nemec never scored many but suddenly had a bunch in the AHL last season. So figure that out, I guess. Haha.

Nemec is absolutely a dangler. Tons of shimmy shakes and ankle breaks. Looks like Adam Fox to me.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
He had a bunch of goals last year though? Meanwhile, Nemec never scored many but suddenly had a bunch in the AHL last season. So figure that out, I guess. Haha.

Nemec is absolutely a dangler. Tons of shimmy shakes and ankle breaks. Looks like Adam Fox to me.
Yeah, if you think subtle little moves to shake off attackers then I guess so. Fox is a great comparison for Nemec. But when I think of a "dangler" in regards to Dmen, I imagine someone like Makar or Hughes - a lot of exhilirated movement in the O-zone, fakes, daring moves around the blue line... I think both Jiricek bros (Adam especially) fit that style better than Nemec. It's
all about terminology. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: tunnelvision

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah, if you think subtle little moves to shake off attackers then I guess so. Fox is a great comparison for Nemec. But when I think of a "dangler" in regards to Dmen, I imagine someone like Makar or Hughes - a lot of exhilirated movement in the O-zone, fakes, daring moves around the blue line... I think both Jiricek bros (Adam especially) fit that style better than Nemec. It's
all about terminology. :laugh:
Yeah. I meant like Fox not like a Makar or Hughes.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Adam made huge progress, his confidence shows, but he is not better than his brother, not close.
He's a different type of player. David was also attractive to the GM because of his physical side of the game, the shot, which he was better at. Adam is a better skater. He probably won't be that high in the draft, but maybe he will continue to progress and surprise even in this one.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
He's a different type of player. David was also attractive to the GM because of his physical side of the game, the shot, which he was better at. Adam is a better skater. He probably won't be that high in the draft, but maybe he will continue to progress and surprise even in this one.
Looking at 2023 draft he is easily top 10 prospect, but many things can happen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Adam is picked lower, I don’t think it should be by more than a few slots. The only defenseman so far that I think is better than him is Levshunov. I’ll take him over Dickinson, Mews, Kiviharju, Parekh, Skahan, and all those guys.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
If Adam is picked lower, I don’t think it should be by more than a few slots. The only defenseman so far that I think is better than him is Levshunov. I’ll take him over Dickinson, Mews, Kiviharju, Parekh, Skahan, and all those guys.
could be wrong but wasnt this Kiviharju being talked about going first overall not too long ago?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Compilation of Jiricek's games at the Hlinka tournament:

Great tournament for him, looks like a future two-way force. Skating, transision, passing, defensive awareness, stick work...it's all there. I'd like him to improve his shot, which would help him a ton in order to become more of a threat on the powerplay.

Agree.. he has everything but a booming shot. He got it on net a lot but he doesn't currently have a 'bouch bomb' in him. I imagine he'll be working very hard on that this season and we will see a different player at the U18 in April.

Kind of like how this group got smoked at the U17 challenge last October and then looked great at Hlinka. Lots of positive steps.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Agree.. he has everything but a booming shot. He got it on net a lot but he doesn't currently have a 'bouch bomb' in him. I imagine he'll be working very hard on that this season and we will see a different player at the U18 in April.

Kind of like how this group got smoked at the U17 challenge last October and then looked great at Hlinka. Lots of positive steps.
As for that U17 I wouldnt say they got Smoked as per se. Lost all of the games sure, but most was lost by 1-2 goals and one in OT. So a one or two lucky goals here and there and it could have looked much better.

But yeah they definitely improved a lot since then as it seems.

Shame that lot of the guys wont be available anymore cause they will be in NA, so its gonna be hard for us to built on this throughout the season.

As for Jiricek it will be really interesting to see how he does this year in Plzen, same for Galvas in Olomouc(if he plays lol) and maybe even Fibigr can get a feel in Vitkovice

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As for that U17 I wouldnt say they got Smoked as per se. Lost all of the games sure, but most was lost by 1-2 goals and one in OT. So a one or two lucky goals here and there and it could have looked much better.

But yeah they definitely improved a lot since then as it seems.

Shame that lot of the guys wont be available anymore cause they will be in NA, so its gonna be hard for us to built on this throughout the season.

As for Jiricek it will be really interesting to see how he does this year in Plzen, same for Galvas in Olomouc(if he plays lol) and maybe even Fibigr can get a feel in Vitkovice
We got killed at that tourney:

1691525813205.png

We were the lowest scoring team in it with 16 goals
We also allowed the most goals with 31 for a lovely minus 15.lol

Don't get me wrong, I love this age group and I enjoyed every game but it was rough.

I really like Fibigr and he played great.

As far as everyone leaving.. I don't blame them but the Hlinka and this U17 group may help guys wanting to stay.

If idiot hadamczak hadn't expanded the junior league I think it wouldn't have happened.. he seems to have stepped in at a time that Czech Junior hocky is improving and his first step was to f*** it up.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
We got killed at that tourney:

View attachment 734584

We were the lowest scoring team in it with 16 goals
We also allowed the most goals with 31 for a lovely minus 15.lol

Don't get me wrong, I love this age group and I enjoyed every game but it was rough.

I really like Fibigr and he played great.

As far as everyone leaving.. I don't blame them but the Hlinka and this U17 group may help guys wanting to stay.

If idiot hadamczak hadn't expanded the junior league I think it wouldn't have happened.. he seems to have stepped in at a time that Czech Junior hocky is improving and his first step was to f*** it up.
The question is how much the quality of the competition will change after the expansion by two teams. The system will be more interesting, the quality of the teams a bit worse.. But I think that after last year, when the young players saw the progress of the players from the U20 overseas, a large number of them would leave, maybe exactly the same. And then, it was Hadamczik who promoted the current U18 coach despite the skepticism of many people in the union (hopefully he will continue to do well. Oh, and he also kicked Kari. Thanks..:)). I hated Hadamczik for a lot of things, but he's made out to be even worse than he really is. At least I think so:sarcasm:

Reactions: Czechboy

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ranked inside the top 10 in Bob Mckenzie’s first rankings. Big, smooth Skating two-way RHD, if he has a good year should push the top 5.

Lotta competition, my prediction is that outside of Celebrini, the other two forwards listed in the top 3 now won't be there at year end. Eiserman is obviously a very talented goal scorer and has a lot of offensive talent but isn't the biggest, isn't a center and there's likely to be Dickinson, Jiricek, Silayev, Mews, Parekh, and Levshunov on defense pushing.. especially with Dickinson, Jiricek, Silayev and Levshunov who are big boys and most of them being RD.

Demidov will drop similarly to Michkov because his handling is terrible.

Reactions: Nabrules

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hoping he makes u20.at Xmas. My one issue with him is his shot is a work in progress. Hopefully he spent offseason fine tuning that.
Agreed. David’s shot is what really sets him apart from Adam at this point in time and gives him true #1D upside. If Adam develops a shot like David, his upside and projection jumps up considerably.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed. David’s shot is what really sets him apart from Adam at this point in time and gives him true #1D upside. If Adam develops a shot like David, his upside and projection jumps up considerably.
He had so many wide open looks at hlinka where he just launched them into orbit.lol. I do think he'll get it down but Bouch bomb this is not haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad