Proposal: Robert Thomas to Detroit

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
This is a discussion forum. If you don't like the topic, you are free to ignore it, but until/unless this thread goes off the rails or becomes so outlandish that it's considered trolling, this can stay open.
It qas outlandish to ask for robert thomas for bits and pieces

There’s basically one guy the Blues can’t trade and it’s Thomas.
But hey blues need bits and pieces for pur best play

There’s basically one guy the Blues can’t trade and it’s Thomas.
But hey blues need bits and pieces for pur best play

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
You'll notice a pattern with him. He comes into the thread being needlessly antagonistic and homerific whilst showing insecurity and then demands it be shut down because he's already corrected us poor plebs and our limited understanding so no further need for discussion. For the life of me I can't understand his purpose, but I don't understand why my dog likes to eat cat shit either which goes to show some things are best left a mystery.
So op offers small pieces for blues bwst player which is an insault but also low ball then want to discuss. Yet i low ball foe evidson and sieder amd get laughed at..funny how that works

Then feel free to provide a counteroffer. But in the meantime, there's nothing wrong with the thread. You have free will here and are free to participate or not participate.
I did evidson swider for kyrou buch and a 1st

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Listen, I know this player is an absolute stud and the blues will NOT want to trade a 24 year old 1C unless there's a huge overpay... but lets say wings are willing to overpay

What would it take?

DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
Marco Kasper (C) (former 8 overall pick)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

Would this be ball park? or do blues want more? I know they wont trade him but just curious cause Larkin, Thomas, Danielson would be a sick 1-2-3 C core

Dude, these Blues fans are a lot more polite than either you or I would be if someone suggested a trade of Seider for a mid-round first and a couple of good but not great prospects.

And honestly Thomas might have a little higher market value than Seider, despite Seider's position and handedness.

Sorry fellers, I'm going to help my apparently drunk friend back to the Red Wings section. Shoot, looks like he peed a little bit, we'll send somebody back to help clean that up.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
St. Louis should not get rid of Thomas.

But um....he's not even remotely close to a top ten C in the league.

In no particular order:

Hughes
McDrai
Matthews
Crosby
MacKinnon
Point
Barkov
JT Miller
Aho
Pettersson
Reinhart
reinhart plays primarily wing. so take him off this list. The guys falling in 8-15 range are very much interchangeable.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You really think you're going to get a #1C for that return? Let alone one who's 24 and signed long term at a reasonable cap hit and who just had his best season.
I think in the right situation a #8, #15 and two young top 4 potential D is definitely enough for a #1C.

For Thomas though? Definitely not

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Now Blues fans know how us Sens fans feel when they try to "trade for" Brady Tkachuk lol
There was a Sens fan that said it would take Thomas + Kyrou + Binnington + 1st for Tkachuck + Korpisalo lol

Now Blues fans know how us Sens fans feel when they try to "trade for" Brady Tkachuk lol
There was a Sens fan that said it would take Thomas + Kyrou + Binnington + 1st for Tkachuck + Korpisalo lol

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think in the right situation a #8, #15 and two young top 4 potential D is definitely enough for a #1C.

For Thomas though? Definitely not

Depending on their age, contract status and the teams direction (i.e. that would be a good return for a team devoid of picks/.prospects starting a rebuild)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Depending on their age, contract status and the teams direction (i.e. that would be a good return for a team devoid of picks/.prospects starting a rebuild)
That’s what I mean depends on the situation.

STL isn’t in that situation though and it’s not enough for him anyways.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Oh man just read this rollercoaster of a thread. As a Blues fan I recognize the value of the pieces the OP put forward but there is just no way Thomas is available for a collection of pieces. You have to understand Thomas is to us as Larkin is to Detroit. That being said I do think these teams would make potentially good trade partners on a smaller scale as the Blues need to add to their defensive prospect pool and Detroit has some pieces there.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Oh man just read this rollercoaster of a thread. As a Blues fan I recognize the value of the pieces the OP put forward but there is just no way Thomas is available for a collection of pieces. You have to understand Thomas is to us as Larkin is to Detroit. That being said I do think these teams would make potentially good trade partners on a smaller scale as the Blues need to add to their defensive prospect pool and Detroit has some pieces there.
100%. I could definitely see something happening Between Buch and the Wings 1st. Especially if the Wings want to Extend Buch.

But anything that would involve Thomas, Seider, Kasper, or Edvinsson just wouldn't happen. Neither team is in a position to move any of those players.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
100%. I could definitely see something happening Between Buch and the Wings 1st. Especially if the Wings want to Extend Buch.

But anything that would involve Thomas, Seider, Kasper, or Edvinsson just wouldn't happen. Neither team is in a position to move any of those players.

I wasn't really referring to the high end guys. I was talking more about guys like Wallinder, Buium and Gibson. Although if Detroit was willing to move Edvinsson I would put Dvorsky on the table in a prospect swap. :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Linkens Mastery

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Reading is hard I guess evidently for every blues fan in this thread.

My OP said:

“DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

Would this be ball park? or do blues want more? I know they wont trade him but just curious”

Maybe 2 ppl have provided any actual discussion (such as buch for 15 which I’d do) they are all just butt hurt Betty’s & don’t offer actual counter offers. Sorry I suggested a trade on a hockey forums board lol

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

My OP said:

“DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

Would this be ball park? or do blues want more? I know they wont trade him but just curious”

Maybe 2 ppl have provided any actual discussion (such as buch for 15 which I’d do) they are all just butt hurt Betty’s & don’t offer actual counter offers. Sorry I suggested a trade on a hockey forums board lol
Trading Thomas just doesn't make sense for the Blues.

There's nothing really logical that can be offered to the Blues to warrant Thomas being moved at the current state of The Blues franchise. Their center core is currently Thomas, Schenn, and Hayes.

Schenn should be on the wing and Hayes is just a warm body until Dvorsky shows he's able to be an NHL caliber center.

Thomas is the player the offense AND defence of the forward group goes through and just scored 85 points as a 24 year old while we had to force Buch, a winger, to play Center because Schenn can't cut it there anymore and we're healthy scratching Hayes.

Please explain to me why the Blues would trade the current face of their franchise for that package? Would you trade 24 year old Larkin for that package? Because I wouldn't.

No combination of assets you offered are worth trading away our top line all situations Center and force us into a long term rebuild which the management group and ownership group have been very vocal against.

If you want to talk about Buch then we can. But at the state the Blues are in, any conversation that starts off with Thomas you are going to get a resounding no.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

My OP said:

“DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

Those pieces are a collection of extras. You didn't include your top prospect or top defensive prospects. (I don't care where someone was drafted.....)

You managed to add our top player (a ppg player this year as a 24 year old center) or extras . There is nothing in that proposal that actually hurts to give up. No Edvinsson, no ASP. No Danielson. Putting a bunch of mid stuff into a proposal doesn't add value.

You want a teams top player - it should hurt.

Even your fellow Detroit fans point this out. So, yes.... reading is hard - when the proposal is garbage.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

My OP said:

“DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

Why resort to insults on a proposal that doesn't make sense. If we made a thread offering #16, Dvorsky, Lindstein, and Buchinger for Seider, Detroit fans would have a similar reaction where it doesn't even make sense to counter. And this is even ignoring how Dvorsky is ranked higher than Kasper in most, if not all rankings that I've seen, and depending on the ranking, Dvorsky and Snuggerud are sometimes even on par or ahead of Edvinsson.

Value wise to get Thomas, it would require a deal around Seider or Edvinsson++. You guys have plenty of stuff to make a deal for Buchnevich, but if you were looking for a discussion around Thomas, there just isn't one to be had.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

My OP said:

“DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

Are you wanting someone to say add Seider to that package?

I just read the last 2 pages and there are 4-5 explanations of why it doesn’t work for the Blues. Isn’t that a better solution than throwing together a random package that is a screw job for Detroit?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

My OP said:

“DET offers
2024 1st (15OA)
William Wallinder (LHD)
Andrew Gibson (RHD)

There’s no reasonable conversation to be had around Thomas. If that upsets you, get over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad