May 3, 2018
Luongo's Resume
2x All-Star
1x Jennings
3x Vezina Finalist
9x Top 10 Vezina Votes
1x Hart Finalist
3x Top 10 Hart Votes
4th most regular season wins all-time (489)
2nd most regular season games played all-time (1044)

2x Olympic Gold Medal
2x World Championship Gold Medal
1x World Cup Gold Medal
1x World Cup Silver Medal
1x WJC Silver Medal
2x QMJHL Champion

One of the few goalies to ever wear a C (with Vancouver), and was also the de facto captain of Florida during his second stint. Was Canada's number one goalie during their dominance of the late aughts and 2010s. Was one of the top 5 goalies in the game for at least a decade.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
Bobby Lu was my all time favorite growing up. Man if Lu had better teams his first time around this franchise may have been on par with the bolts. Wish he would of gotten a cup but congrats to him for making the HHOF.

Reactions: harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Only wish we saw him play with better teams. Some nights in his first stint with us, felt like some games could've been complete blowouts if not for him.

Ironically this is primarily why he belongs in The Hall, because of that time period. Even though he didn't get the wins and numbers(that he should have gotten) in the early 00's, he was one of the best goalies I've ever seen. Even after his first few games with us, it was clear that he was a future dominant goalie. What a trade, one of Bryan Murray's few saving graces(RIP).

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Only wish we saw him play with better teams. Some nights in his first stint with us, felt like some games could've been complete blowouts if not for him.
His early days down here was some of the best goaltending I've ever seen. As you implied, he really had to be a spectacle to keep the other team from double digits on the scoreboard.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He deserved better, and I'm glad the organization had the decency to offer some apology by way of retiring his number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad