GDT: Round 1 - Game 1 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Sunday, April 21st, 2024 - 6:00pm CDT - Sportsnet/CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
In the heart of Winnipeg, where the Jets take flight,

A city of passion, with hockey's might,

We stand united, a force to be reckoned,

With spirit and fire, our victory beckoned.

Against the Avalanche, our foes so bold,

We'll dominate the ice, as history's told.

With every slapshot, and every goal,

We'll show the world, the Jets' true soul.

In sea of blue and white, our colors shine,

As we cheer and chant, our voices entwine.

From every corner, our roar will resound,

As we send the Avs, spiraling down.

For we are Winnipeg, the smallest yet grand,

With heart and determination,

we make our stand.

So let the puck drop,

let the battle begin,

The Jets will triumph, in the end, we'll win!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Winning the first game in a series sets the tone especially at home, it also means that you only need to win 3 more

1713706720259.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Will be there with the family. I have no idea how the game will go since the Lanch owe us one after that last beating in their barn. I am expecting an electric atmosphere in Canada Life Centre and I am really REALLY hoping for a win. No matter what though I am settled in for a war and I believe this team has the resilience to not roll over when things get rough like the previous Jets teams of the 2.0 era.

Hopefully this is the playoff year we can make good memories.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Winnipeg believed in Helly from Odessa and Scheifele from Barrie Colts. They were not heralded young hockey players early on.
Jets believed in them and drafted them.

Last off season seeing changed inside the room, both returned the favor (believed in the organization) and signed an identical long term really fair contract with the Jets.

Now the Jets surrounded them with not just good players but also good locker room players, that locker-room has totally changed. Even with that 6 games slide, the players looked tight with each other.

If Jets play like how they did most of the season this can be the year. ( Yeah it's a long shot but hey!!)

That signing of Helly and Scheifele is the best signing for this organization, that is top for me.

Chevy since last year have been pulling out so many aces out of his deck of cards. Crazy, he should be in the conversation for GM of the year..

Congrats Jets for one of the best regular seasons we've seen.

Really appreciated what Helly and Scheifele did.
They could just have gone the other direction and probably get more money and live in a bigger city.

They stayed that says a lot about them.... as part of the leadership group of this team.

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
So fired up. I am going to play really loud derogatory rap music to fire me up for this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad