Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We really shouldn't have Josi on the ice in these situations either tbh. That was a soft clearing attempt, and then no coverage thereafter. We just didn't have the right horses on the ice to lock that one down. :(

And Mo won't be on our side in OT. :(
Josi was on his back hand and had to get it all the way around, not exactly easy.

:huh: It got tipped and changed directions entirely before it was corralled for the goal. I guess we should have traded for Boeser. :(
Tipped or not the play isn't to fall down on your belly.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Anybody else sure we are not doing as well because ‘fang fingers guy’ isnt behing Lyndsey and Skillsy?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Josi was on his back hand and had to get it all the way around, not exactly easy.

Tipped or not the play isn't to fall down on your belly.
Josi soft-touched that whole shift, and fall on your belly is the only possible move when the puck bounces that way. He almost got it. That goal was not on Saros, it was the personnel out there failing all over the ice, unfortunately. We just don't have the players to lock things down, unfortunately.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The replay was Juice and three Canucks jerseys like no other Pred in the frame….
Yeah just got a chance to watch it closer, Josi with another soft clear, which I have fussed about for years.

Saros giving up a rebound that started the scramble at the end. Have no idea what the rest of the Preds were doing, once that puck didn't get cleared they should have been cross checking every Canuck they could find. Penalty is better than giving up the goal.

Watching it again they couldn't clear anyone out because 3 of them including Josi and RoR were laying on the ice for some dang reason.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah just got a chance to watch it closer, Josi with another soft clear, which I have fussed about for years.

Saros giving up a rebound that started the scramble at the end. Have no idea what the rest of the Preds were doing, once that puck didn't get cleared they should have been cross checking every Canuck they could find. Penalty is better than giving up the goal.

Watching it again they couldn't clear anyone out because 3 of them including Josi and RoR were laying on the ice for some dang reason.
And Nyquist at the boards too.

Well, it ended appropriately enough, alas. Sucks for us. Our guys are just who they are though. It was a good push the last 2 games at least. But we don't have the players yet. Fair enough. Just getting here was a great accomplishment, and I think after the poor first 2 games, our guys have actually showed about as well as could have been expected, all things considered in the last 2. I'm sure the GDT will say that the Forsberg goal really shouldn't have counted either. We pushed, we could have won the last 2 games with just a few bounces. It's a pretty good showing, still.

Reactions: bdub24

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Preds lost as they had a playoff savvy top notch NHL goalie and we have a slightly above average goalie.

To avoid further embarrassment the Preds have cancelled their flight to Vancouver and decided to forfeit.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I mean I hate to be right but I called Vancouver in 5. This is why I would have just preferred we stayed on course bringing different kids up and giving them experience. Playoffs were always going to be a waste even if we did make it.
This for me. We really only got progression from Evangelista here. Making the playoffs and having more than 1 player get something out of it would have been useful. Even Novak, Fabbro, they barely played this game. Stastney got a taste but not enough to matter in the previous games. And I just really don't feel like the AHL plugs have done anything more notable for us here than the kids could have.

We still would have lost, though, so at the end of the day, trying to split hairs about what difference 4 or 5 games might have meant to who - Parssinen, Tomasino, and... ? - it's not exactly going to change the direction of the franchise either. :dunno:

Hopefully the Ads have a long and successful run, that might end up being best of all for those younger guys. Tomasino was getting close to his waiver limit, so he wouldn't have been with the Ads if we had kept him up. Therefore, it's almost like only Parssinen lost out a little bit? :dunno:

We just went through a big retool, and got 99 pts. That's already amazing. :handclap:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am beginning to wonder if Burnette actually knows what he is doing.

I picked Van in 6, I guess I gave our guys to much credit. What an embarrassing way to end the season.

Reactions: bdub24

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This for me. We really only got progression from Evangelista here. Making the playoffs and having more than 1 player get something out of it would have been useful. Even Novak, Fabbro, they barely played this game. Stastney got a taste but not enough to matter in the previous games. And I just really don't feel like the AHL plugs have done anything more notable for us here than the kids could have.

We still would have lost, though, so at the end of the day, trying to split hairs about what difference 4 or 5 games might have meant to who - Parssinen, Tomasino, and... ? - it's not exactly going to change the direction of the franchise either. :dunno:

Hopefully the Ads have a long and successful run, that might end up being best of all for those younger guys. Tomasino was getting close to his waiver limit, so he wouldn't have been with the Ads if we had kept him up. Therefore, it's almost like only Parssinen lost out a little bit? :dunno:

We just went through a big retool, and got 99 pts. That's already amazing. :handclap:
Could care less about the point total because honestly its pretty meaningless. You got it from a run with a bunch of old guys that won't be here in 2 years and you still don't know if you have anything for the future outside of Evangelista that is solid.

Where is Cody Glass ?
Where he has been all season, on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad